WnSoft Forums

3D Rotation

mhwarner

I am trying to do a 3D rotation and not having much luck. What I want to do is make a book-like animation, but I don't want to rotate my image from the middle (similar to the "My Little Book" template that was posted) but rather from the left hand side of the image so that I am essentially seeing only half of the book. Is there some setting I am missing to modify the point of rotation? I want the rotation to take place from the left-hand side of the image instead of the center. I have set the 3D Y parameter to -180 and I have tried moving the little center point dot back and forth, but so far I'm not having much luck. I got it to work (sort of) but it is very jerky and ugly and I needed lots of keyframes. If somebody could point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

I am attaching a zip file with a single slide project to provide an idea of what I am attempting. I know that Dom did a similar thing in his last album demo so I assume it can be done. Unfortunately, Dom is far more skilled than I am. I would have just purchased his template to save the aggravation, but unfortunately, he never created one.

Thanks in advance.RotatePageMW.zip

Mary,

If what you are trying to achieve is the effect of a door turning on its hinge - at the left side of the door - then all you need to do is to move the centre point to the left edge (centre thereof) and then do the Y rotate.

The visual effect will be of a stiff sheet of card being turned about its left edge.

regards,

Peter

I am trying to do a 3D rotation and not having much luck. What I want to do is make a book-like animation, but I don't want to rotate my image from the middle (similar to the "My Little Book" template that was posted) but rather from the left hand side of the image so that I am essentially seeing only half of the book. Is there some setting I am missing to modify the point of rotation? I want the rotation to take place from the left-hand side of the image instead of the center. I have set the 3D Y parameter to -180 and I have tried moving the little center point dot back and forth, but so far I'm not having much luck. I got it to work (sort of) but it is very jerky and ugly and I needed lots of keyframes. If somebody could point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

I am attaching a zip file with a single slide project to provide an idea of what I am attempting. I know that Dom did a similar thing in his last album demo so I assume it can be done. Unfortunately, Dom is far more skilled than I am. I would have just purchased his template to save the aggravation, but unfortunately, he never created one.

Thanks in advance.RotatePageMW.zip

Hi Mary,

Two Observations :

You can get the page turning effect through the use of transitions (curling of page - roll up from the right I think it is), but this probably doesn't give you the full flexibility that you may be looking for.

TheDom does actually have a template that does what you are looking for - it's called 3D Book if you check his website store. This would give you a quick solution, but not the satisfaction of having done it yourself!!

Regards,

wideangle

I think Mary is talking about this 3D Photo Album.

If you do not succeed or have time to make what you wish, the template should be available at the end of the week.

But as Wideangle said, I am sure it will be more satisfying for you to do it by yourself.

I think Peter gave you the tip needed. Good luck :)

I think Mary is talking about this 3D Photo Album.

If you do not succeed or have time to make what you wish, the template should be available at the end of the week.

But as Wideangle said, I am sure it will be more satisfying for you to do it by yourself.

I think Peter gave you the tip needed. Good luck :)

Thanks Dom! I did get the basics of the "page turning" animation working after Peter's suggestion but have gotten pulled off to another project for the moment. Your templates are always so elegant and professional (and instructive!) that I will definitely be on the lookout for your notification email when it is posted. At least now that I know how it is done, it will be easier to make any customizations I might want to do.

Also, thanks for the reply Wideangle. I have used the page curling transitions on the last "album" show I did, but I think the new 3D rotations are just a bit more professional looking. I have Dom's other album templates but the demo he mentions above is the template I was waiting for.