WnSoft Forums

click to start slideshow problem

keithmart

Hi

This is my first post, although I have used pte for a while,

I am having a problem setting up a header/setup slide, that will stay on screen until I click the mouse.

I have never used this before, and am finding my way a bit.

When I run the show and click I am getting the message pteshow file missing. Can anyone help please?

regards

Keith

Leeds UK

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

This is my first post, although I have used pte for a while,

I am having a problem setting up a header/setup slide, that will stay on screen until I click the mouse.

I have never used this before, and am finding my way a bit.

When I run the show and click I am getting the message pteshow file missing. Can anyone help please?

regards

Keith

Leeds UK

Keith, what I think you are looking for is a "menu" to start your shows, read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11310&st=0 it may help.

Yachtsman1

Keith,

I think the simple solution might be to use Customize Slide...Main and change the button in the Timing section to be "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide". Note that any music used in Project Options...Music will play only for the stated duration of this slide and will then stop. The music will resume when you click to advance into the rest of the sequence.

An alternative is to build two sequences: The single slide sequence built with Project Options...Main set to "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide" and with Project Options...More set to "Run Application" or "Run Slideshow"; and the main slideshow built as normal. Note that if you use "Run Slideshow" you must "Create" both sequences using the exact same version of PTE.

regards,

Peter

Keith,

Further to the above posts ... Im a little unclear of your above statement. Are you trying to run another slideshow from a menu/button and that file cannot be found?

Is the below attached image the message your are getting ?

post-45-126869276058_thumb.jpg

Eric, Peter, and Stu,

I think what 'Keith' is looking for is something similar to the 'old' Splash-Screen (Start-screen) which

was used in V4.48 and V4.49 (see Attachment). Personally I am struggling with V.6 in trying to recreate

a similar 'Start-Screen' as used in V4.49. Yes I know the utility is in V.6 but the amount of setup required

to get it going correctly is OTT ~ perhaps one of you guys have done this ??

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-126870070984_thumb.gif

Keith

Try this.

Open your project options to the Main Tab and click customise windows

Then click the box that says show startup Window

Click OK to both of those panels and run a preview of your slideshow

You should see the attached window. Once you have tested it and see if it runs all OK, you can then fully customise that window.

Is that what your looking for?

Keith

Try this.

You should see the attached window. Once you have tested it and see if it runs all OK, you can then fully customise that window.

Is that what your looking for?

============================

Greetings,

Thanks for revealing another neat option that PTE has. I just never got around to playing with this feature. But a question...

I'd like to replace the 'rectangle' with an image and keep the other objects. If I delete the 'rectangle', everything gets deleted. Is there a way to replace the 'rectangle' but keep the text and buttons? I know I can insert in image and bring these items to the 'front' but I am hoping there is an easier way. Is there?

Maybe if Igor would change this so that the items under the 'rectangle' were not 'children'?

Also, is there a way to add music to this Startup Window?

Thanks...Gary

Is there a way to replace the 'rectangle' but keep the text and buttons? I know I can insert in image and bring these items to the 'front' but I am hoping there is an easier way. Is there?

Gary,

Insert your own image as an additional independent object (not as a child of the Rectangle). Then "Copy and Paste" the existing children of the Rectangle to become children of your image. Finally, delete the Rectangle.

Alternatively, add your image as a child of the Rectangle, move it to the bottom of the stack and then set the Rectangle's opacity to zero.

I cannot see any way of adding music to the Start-up window (but that doesn't mean it cannot be done). I had never explored the Start-up window prior to this topic being created.

regards,

Peter

Gary,

Insert your own image as an additional independent object (not as a child of the Rectangle). Then "Copy and Paste" the existing children of the Rectangle to become children of your image. Finally, delete the Rectangle.

Alternatively, add your image as a child of the Rectangle, move it to the bottom of the stack and then set the Rectangle's opacity to zero.

I cannot see any way of adding music to the Start-up window (but that doesn't mean it cannot be done). I had never explored the Start-up window prior to this topic being created.

regards,

Peter

==========================

Thanks Peter,

Yes, that works too. I think it would be nicer if we were able to just delete the Rectangle and insert our own image. But the work-around works, too. I didn't think of the copy/paste trick for the buttons. Music capability would be nice.

Just had another idea about using this feature. In the Forum discussion about "A Suggestion About Titles", information about a slideshow could be placed in a button called "Info" (just rename the "Help" button in this Start-up Window). Your suggested information example, such as: "Topic Title: Carnival of Venice, Topic Description: 17.4MB, 3m42s, 4:3, 1920x1280, Camera clubs and AV groups" could be placed there, also.

Gary

Keith,

It appears your using an O&A object (image, button, rectangle, etc.) to perform a Run Slideshow action on a mouse click. Actions on objects using mouse click have only Left Click (normal click) operation and do not support Right-Click operations. ( Unless your mouse click OS settings has been reversed to suit your needs).

Since you are receiving the missing file message ... you must have originally entered a full file path to locate the other slideshow.exe and have sinced removed/moved it to another drive/path location. Copy or move the missing slideshow.exe to the same folder as the other slideshow.exe (relative to the main exe slideshow running it). PTE slideshow will always look for the file in the relative path if the full file path cannot be found.

Its best to always use relative file paths ("yourfile name only.exe") when building your project files and keep all other related slideshow components relative to each other. (the same folder location). Saves from having issues when removing/moving files around in the future or for other distribution purposes.

As for mouse click functions in PTE ... you need to prescribe your Left and Right mouse buttons operation using the Project Options|Advanced dropdown list settings available. The mouse click functions only apply for the slideshow operation and does not affect normal OS mouse settings.

Brian,

perhaps one of you guys have done this ??

Things have become a bit less quicker to perform and setup since the older version days. We have alot more options and flexibility which is great ... but also alot more setup time to complete some the same task(s). Something you already know :P

The new Start Screen is all default objects that each need some user customizaion for each project. It is nice one can design/layout and add/remove object positions ... but it can take alot of extra time. It does offer lots of other little known benefits and uses if one uses some imagination.

One benefit and nice thing about the new Start Screen being customizable is that is can be used as a Menu to launch other slideshows because it automatically stops/pauses on startup without affecting or needing other slide setting/timing changes. Even further to the custom windows uses is to build/use the Help Window as the Menu ... now you can have a Menu popup at any time when using the F1 Key.

I can only suggest that if you have a particular design/layout you consistently use ... save it as part of one of your new/main project templates. Atleast as a template you need only do a little editing for changes you may need.

Stu,

Many thanks for your reply and the few 'tips' incorporated there. Yes I needed a (single) Start-Screen

with RUN-HELP-EXIT and thereafter I normally use the 1st.Image as a 'Menu-Image' with Selector

Buttons which activate 'Off-Program' activity usually (scrolling) PDF's for instructional purposes with

Photo-examples. I can't use the Start-Screen for the extra Buttons ~ it carries our Company-Logo and

a (numerated) Show-Index describing the contents which need verbal explaination.

With your 'tips' in mind I sat down with the Coffee-Pot and 'bit the bullet' and got dug in and many

hours later I got the "jist" of it and finally I was able to re-construct my original V4.49 Templates.

But it was one heck of a job !!

That 'F1' Help-function has proved usefull for others not familiar with the Left/Right Mouse functions

I use and also with the use of the Mouse-Wheel which I use for magnification & scrolling.

Below is an 'old' example of a PDF which we incorporate into a PTE-Show.

Thanks again...

Brian (Conflow)

Con-Cat.pdf

Try this.

Hi

Yes that does what I want, and with the other suggestions I have got what I need.

many thanks for all your help.

Regards

Keith

Leeds UK