WnSoft Forums

100 shows on CD

boxig

"All_Exe" - version 2.0

Now I hope everything will work as it should.

Just put all your exe's in one folder (which later will be the CD)

add "All_Exe.exe" utility and run it. You will see all your shows

as a list, select any show, and it will run.

(good to give meaninful names to your exe files).

This basic version is Free :D

To see what else this utility can do, click "Alt" + "N" for a guided tour.

This part is not free, but we can't expect to get everything free ;)

Please your feedback

Granot

Good work Granot. The sort now works (with a few quick tests I did.) So, now I can go to bed.

There is one modification I would suggest. Or at least one feature that is awkward for me to use. Has to do with the install-to-hard-drive feature (which I really like.) Here is the problem: When I highlight the show that I want to install, the show runs before I can push the install button. Then I have to Escape out of the show and then push the install button. I doubt the recipient of a CD of PTE shows would know how to do that. I tried using the up-down arrows to highlight the show to be HD installed. When I tried that, several shows began running at the same time. Apparently as the highlighter moved over each show, it started.

All of the above are experienced on the hard drive. I did not burn a CD yet with this new version.

When I highlight the show that I want to install, the show runs before I can push the install button. Then I have to Escape out of the show and then push the install button.

Yes, I know. But you forget that on this version that include the "install" you don't have the first small window. When user insert CD he will get the big window with the install button. So I thought user first want to see the show. He can see it all or close show before end, and now install it if he likes. Since user should select a show to install or to run, and we don't know what he wants to do first (maybe see show :P ?). But if I miss something here, please open my eyes.

I tried using the up-down arrows to highlight the show to be HD installed. When I tried that, several shows began running at the same time. Apparently as the highlighter moved over each show, it started.

Yes. I can add a warning not to do this or disable the arrows (disable is not good since maybe show uses arrows). But, again, why user will do this ? Anyway, I will see if I can do something about this.

I want this to be a perfect tool so any comment and suggestion is very wanted,

so don't stop sending them ;)

Granot

Ok ... Ok .... OK ....... :P

Uploaded new version.

Now if you move your arrows nothing happens.

But to select a file you will have to Double-Click on file name.

I think this solve the two problems above.

What do you think ? Is this better ? :(

If you think the old way (one click) is better, now I know how

to it , so I can change it back, or should I leave it double-click ? :(

I didn't changed yet instructions as to Double-Click instead of just select.

Granot

If you think the old way (one click) is better, now I know how

to it , so I can change it back, or should I leave it double-click ? :(

I didn't changed yet instructions as to Double-Click instead of just select.

Granot

By jove, I think you've got it! I always love a program that works. ;)

I think use the double-click of current version is best. You can change the instruction. Also, you can eliminate in the read-me file all the work-around about adding files one-at-a-time in proper order. Your sort routine seems now to do it all like would be expected - so no need for the old plan.

Now I want to find a few minutes to see what I want on a custom version from you. And I won't forget to send a donation via Pay Pal on your site.

Thanks for the tweaks.

Oh yes, if you did want to add a simple option to print the show list, that might be useful. Here's why. I cleaned many (MANY) PTE shows off my hard drive onto CD's. In this case, it would be handy to have a little print sheet of the shows to insert in the sleeve of each cd. As is I can just do a PrintScreen type grab, but a built in print-list feature might be better for cases where the list is longer than screen in Explorer. So for any disk containing more than about 35 shows, the print feature would be nice.

Robert,

Check also my new "ExeAutorun" utility (use the "Find" on my page to find it)

it is similar but smaller file (all shows must be in "Shows" folder).

As for "print"..... hummm.... I think it is possible but it is really a long time work. I will check it tomorrow and if can do it I will add it only on your versin (don't think anyone else will need this feature).

Thank you for reminding me about the Readme....forgot.

Thanks

Granot

Robert,

Ok for the Print :D

I was going to bed when I read your print request, so I couldn't sleep till I find how to do it. Now I know. I think I will add this feature to the regular version. I will make probably hot key and then you will select the first file, then go down with arrow one by one, and..... you will find a text file in the folder with all files, each in a line, with full path to current location. I think this is better than only file name (and shorter to do :P )

Good night

Granot