WnSoft Forums

[SOLVED] An other bug with version 6.04 ?

thedom

I made a project to simulate handwriting.

thedom-handwriting-demo.jpg

download_blackreflection.gif

Everything runs perfectly in preview mode (in fullscreen mode).

But if I run the exe, the result is not the same for some letters (each letter is drawned in a different slide).

I tried to run the exe on an other computer and the problem remains the same.

In the example below, the problem is with the letter T.

The problem doesn't occur with the video posted on YouTube.

You can watch it to see how it normally should look like :

Please let me know how the exe runs on your computer and if you have the display problem too.

Using the same project, if I add more letters, the problem of display (only for the exe) will be with an other letter. :blink:

I made an intensive use of masks. It might be very jerky with older videocard.

Igor, what do you think ??

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dom

Ran both versions, the you tube version was OK, the exe hesitated on the first letter, then ran ok utill towards the end it has a few jerks. I'm running windows 7 professional 64bit 8 gb ram Nvidia hi spec graphics card. Very impressive work.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Dom,

On my system, the exe starts to write then draws the entire letter for the capital "T" with no visible letter. After it writes the "i" in "this" then the capital T suddenly appears and the rest is normal.

Best regards,

LIn

Dom

Very attractive project.

On my system I got the same result as Lin.

The T starts with just a dash of writing and then the pen continues to write with no ink put on the paper. When the i in this is written the T appears.

Hope you can solve the problem as this would be a very useful tool.

Ran very smooth with no jerks at all.

Win7 Pro 64bit on Core i7 860 2.80GHz (8 CPUs)

8GB DDR3 2000MHz RAM

ATI 5850 1GB GDDR5

Philips 221E 1920x1080

DirectX 11

Thank you very much for your replies.

It means there is a bug with PTE, as the problem (once again, in the exe only) doesn't occur only with my computers.

I hope Igor can fix it quickly.

I imagined the project as a puzzle to compose your own title, letter by letter.

Each slide corresponds to the writing of a letter.

I already made the animation for all the lower-case letters + caps T and W.

Such a tool could be very nice to draw in a elegant way the title of your slideshow, especially for weddings.

Glenys, Jeff, thank you for your comment.

I tried to make the exe with 5.7, 6.04 and 6.5beta 1 with the same result.

Auser, I do not claim to be the one who spark off the idea of handwriting.

Actually, years before Visisketch, people already made this simulation of handwriting with softwares like Sony Vegas or After Effects.

But those softwares produce a video (with Visisketch too). You can not use it with PTE (for the moment) and the size of the video file is really big, especially if you want it to be in HD.

The only thing I do is to make it possible directly within PTE with the ability to make a short title / sentence in less than a couple of minutes. The definition provided by PTE is excellent and the size of the exe remains small.

Actually, Ricardo Zarate send me an email three weeks ago to ask me if I could simulate the shaky writing of a granpa, an energic writing of a quick-tempered man and the writing of a housewife.

That's his request that gave me the idea to simulate the handwriting.

My main source of inspiration is not the Proshow forum that I visit very very rarely (as an ex-user of Producer, I was a member of this forum) but it is actually videos posted on YouTube, adversitings on TV or directly requests people send me.

Is there something wrong with this ?

Hi Auser,

I think you are way off base here. Actually, the only thing that remotely resembles VisiSketch is that it's possible to do handwriting with both (along with a hundred other programs).

VisiSketch creates a "bitmap" of an "image" whether it's text or a graphic or picture and transfers this into a video file - What Dom is doing has no more to do with "Proshow" than it has to do with Microsoft Word. Nothing ever done with Proshow that I've see (I've been a user for years) is anything like what Dom is doing here. As far as other similarities, I'm not seeing it. People who do graphics and animations with slideshow software often have similar interests such as turning the pages of a book, etc. We were doing this with PTE long before it was "ever" done with Proshow. Proshow has no ability to do 3D transforms so any page turning, etc., is quite amateur in appearance compared to the professional look achieved by Dom using PTE. The only way it's possible to do these things well for those using Proshow Producer is for them to go outside (which many members do) and use 3rd party software which creates a "video" then insert this video into their shows. Typically, Proshow users select a 3rd party software such as BuffTitler or even ParticleIllusion. Effects made with these programs work equally well in all software which allow video clip drop-in.

Lin

I have seen this with Proshow shows. A user on there forums came up with this a couple of years ago. I think the dom gets a lot of his ideas from the Proshow forums. I have noticed a lot of similarities in some of his packages.

http://www.visisketc...P/VSP_Main.html

Thanks Igor, great news.

It will give me time to build the animation for all caps and special signs (&, @, etc...)

It takes about half an hour per letter.

Hi Dom,

Are you doing all truetype and other fonts ! ! !

Jeff

Ken

on this page

http://www.entity.cc...e-emoticons.htm

-)Tongue in cheek

Thanks for the Link I have been looking for just the very thing for sometime. smile.gif

Dom

I will upload the exe file a little bit later.

Glad the problem has been resolved and I am looking forward to the exe. Thanks to Igor and you.

I am looking forward to the exe.

Jean-Cyprien,

In this beta we didn't solve the issue with performance on heavy slides with masks. Please wait for Beta 3.

Thanks John.

Actually, the problem is solved for the text but as the problem with masks is still here, I will wait for next beta to release a new exe (the exe with v6.5b2 is very jerky).

Thanks John.

Actually, the problem is solved for the text but as the problem with masks is still here, I will wait for next beta to release a new exe (the exe with v6.5b2 is very jerky).

New version uploaded.

I added nice details to the animation and I improved the touch-up between each letter.

thedom-handwriting-demo2.jpg

download_blackreflection.gif