WnSoft Forums

The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo

trailertrash

I visit the Tattoo every year without fail. Its an event I would not miss. This ' programme ' is created from an original template by Beckham Digital.

pc version: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3xtk9ea484ccc7

Mac Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?1z81ucq86rvq57e

Comments and advice are always welcome.

Andrew

Somewhere I always said I wanted to attend and never did, not likely to now being so far away.

It all works quite well in the book form, just a nice balance of information with the images.

Just fade your music out gently at the end and your done. As it is, it stops rather abruptly

Its easy to do in version 6.5

Barry, That piece ends with a sudden drop in the notes. Its written that way. Would you still fade it?

Also whats meant by a programmed show? Is that where the viewer has no control over the show? If so, I made it that way cause I want to create a DVD of this for the Camera club AV evening.

Maybe one day you'll get the chance to come back over and pay a visit to the Tattoo. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Andrew

Ron

I watched the show again and unless I am going daft the show has been programmed and by that I mean it has been set to run automatically. It has not been designed as a viewer controlled show. Especially as Trailertrash mentions we wanted a DVD. Because your aware of the book template I think you assumed it was a user controlled show and because Trailertrash has not prevented user control you were able to turn the pages, probably quicker than it was designed to run.

TrailerTrash

The pipe music at the end finishes abruptly and there is no problem with that. I wouldn't fade that as the abrupt stop of the pipes sounds great, but then another piece of music starts as the book cover leaves the screen and it's that piece of music that ends suddenly ?

It almost seems as though that last piece is in error?

Can I also ask why you would want to make a DVD for your Camera Club? I assume you mean to show the DVD at the camera club and if so, why a DVD? Why not show the original exe file that would be infinately better quality

Addition

Just watched it again and the penny has dropped. The template was designed to allow the viewer to turn the pages and if that mode of operation was used, then you would need one or two pieces of music and there would be no way to fade the music out. Here, the show has been programmed, so I think the box to prevent user control should be unticked or it just confuses matters. The music and images don't seem to be in sync, so if you use the arrow keys to skip along the slides the music doesn't stay with the slides and plays independantly. In that case it will end in all different places depending how quick the viewer skips through. So, in the project options main tab you should tick the box to Synchronize music and slides. In the advanced tab untick the box that says permit control of the show using keyboard. Now you can program your show so the music ends when your slides end and the viewer can't screw things up by skipping through quicker than you intended.

Ron

I watched the show again and unless I am going daft the show has been programmed and by that I mean it has been set to run automatically. It has not been designed as a viewer controlled show. Especially as Trailertrash mentions we wanted a DVD. Because your aware of the book template I think you assumed it was a user controlled show and because Trailertrash has not prevented user control you were able to turn the pages, probably quicker than it was designed to run.

TrailerTrash

The pipe music at the end finishes abruptly and there is no problem with that. I wouldn't fade that as the abrupt stop of the pipes sounds great, but then another piece of music starts as the book cover leaves the screen and it's that piece of music that ends suddenly ?

It almost seems as though that last piece is in error?

Can I also ask why you would want to make a DVD for your Camera Club? I assume you mean to show the DVD at the camera club and if so, why a DVD? Why not show the original exe file that would be infinately better quality

Barry, I've checked and rechecked, I dont have any music after the March off slide. I unchecked all the options to loop etc and I have nothing after that slide.

I intended to make a DVD for the club night cause they are a bunch of fuddy duddies who dont really like .exe's. In fact if your an exe contributor your contribution is held till the end after the 'real' shows are finished. Also the club laptop is graphics weak and some of the shows [exe's] I've seen dont run well on it.

Andrew

Because I have watched your show a few times and the first time I used the buttons to tun the pages, the synch of slides to music goes astray.

If you let the show play in its entirety it does play fine, so you need to synch your music to slides and/or prevent viewers skipping through the images. As it is now, everyone who does help the pages turn quicker using the keyboard will hear the music end at a different point.

Try it yourself, start your show and hit the right arrow button quickly and you can be at the end of the show before the first music has really got part the way through. In most shows if you do that the music and images stay together as the author intended.

Because I have watched your show a few times and the first time I used the buttons to tun the pages, the synch of slides to music goes astray.

If you let the show play in its entirety it does play fine, so you need to synch your music to slides and/or prevent viewers skipping through the images. As it is now, everyone who does help the pages turn quicker using the keyboard will hear the music end at a different point.

Try it yourself, start your show and hit the right arrow button quickly and you can be at the end of the show before the first music has really got part the way through. In most shows if you do that the music and images stay together as the author intended.

Understood Barry. In future if I use that book again, I'll turn off keyboard control. [Theres so much to learn]

Andrew

IMHO

turning off manual control is a big mistake

I want to look at the author's picts

unless there is speech involved sound is of little importance

or transitions

i am interested the style of the photographer !

Andrew you have a good thing going don't mess with sucess cool.gif

ken

Ken

turning off manual control is a big mistake

I want to look at the author's picts

unless there is speech involved sound is of little importance

I assume you have your tongue firmly in your cheek when you say that and If your not joking, then.....Quite frankly I am amazed, shocked even. If your serious, It would indicate to me that you don't understand AV at all and from the Grand Daddy of the PTE forum its like being told there is no father christmas.

Please tell me that in the forum of the best AV software around, your not telling people that the A in AV isn't important.

Come on Ken, you of all people can't say such a daft thing as that on a forum like this.

Barry

I have had this dicussion with Maureen and others many times -- i view slide shows to see other people's work - i want to view the many wonders of this world at my leisure - you would not run thru an art gallery or a gallery show of photographs so why should you view an AV at somebody else's settings

-- a few years ago you used to say "change your resolution to view my shows" and we disagreed on that point as wellB)

funny thing you did not say the same thing re adj your resolution when viewing your website's -- i could view them perfectly without adj'ing my graphics carddry.gif

Narrated shows like Peter's show re the history of Alum is a different type of show altogether and must be listened to to be appreciated

You critiqued Ron's book show because it was manual - I doubt there are very few people that can read a full page of text in 4-5 seconds, then look at the picture to see what he was telling us

"differnt strokes for different folks"

ken