WnSoft Forums

How to make a a moving arrow

smitinbeeld

Guest Yachtsman1

Hello,

Is it possible and how to make an arrow that is moving through an image suggestion the route that i drive during, for example, an holiday.

Regards from Holland

Jan

The short answer is yes, I did a moon rise in one of my shows. However, explaining it, Peter is your man.

Yachtsman1.

Thank you. I've downloaded the pteproject. I've looked at it. It is a little difficult for me but i will give it a try. In your example the map is also moving. What i want is that the map stays on his place and that only the arrow or stripe is moving. I'am gone try to change your project to that.

Jan

Jan,

You can download a full PTE project, similar to what you want to achieve, just here :

http://thedom.fr/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=54&view=view.download&catid=15&cid=95

thedom-roadmap-small.jpg

I hope it helps.

And if you need more help, do not hesitate. :)

HAVE A LOOK AT THE WHOLE THREAD

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8145&pid=51340&st=0entry51340

Lin has a tutorial and end of thread

ken

=================

Ken,

Thanks for the pointer to Lin's tutorial. I have to really thank Lin for this tutorial. I have been wondering how this 'trick' was done. I just gave it a try and I actually made a map with a moving route. It turned out fairly well. It is really fantastic that members of this forum take the time to help us that need the help.

Sincerely, Gary

I used the map route technique to "animate" the Mekong river flowing through a map of Southeast Asia. I can post a PTE project demonstrating this if anyone is interested.

Guest Yachtsman1

I just remembered (lot on my mind at the moment) I did a similar simplified pictorial to illustrate our yacht moving from place to place on a voyage from Corsica to the Costa del Sol.

Simply I took a screen shot of the area I wanted to cover from Google Maps, converted it to a JPEG & inserted it into the show. I then opened the O&A screen., added a button where I wanted the start point, turned it to the direction of travel, then clicked the plus icon bottom right. I then dragged the button to the next waypoint on the map & clicked the minus icon bottom right. I then changed the slide time to give a realistic sailing speed & off we set. If the direction changed mid voyage, I would copy the original map slide, open the O&A screen, place the button where it finished in the previous slide, adjust the direction of travel, click the plus icon & repeat the process. Hopefully this will start your thought processes and start your voyage.

Happy Sailing.

Yachtsman1

I've added a picture of the O&A screen to illustrate the actions. Hopefully it will help in understanding my very basic method.

post-5560-072984100 1283318597_thumb.jpg

post-5560-018085800 1283318921_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I'am interested. So please post a PTE project.

Jan

==================

Jan,

Here is one that I just made. My first successful(?) attempt. After you have played it, change the Order of the map, in O&A, so that the map is sent to the back. Then you will see the 3 red rectangles (KotorRed) that actually fill in the route. The route was so wiggly, it was difficult to not have the red rectangles appear when they shouldn't have. So I needed to have the 3 separate red rectangles to get the job done. Getting them timed to flow properly was the difficult part...trial and error.

The other thing that I did was dealing with the background color. The map did not cover the entire frame and the background of the slide was black. So this made the route, before the animation started, to be black (it showed through the transparent route). I changed the background to a yellow to more closely match the other yellow routes on the map. To hide the now yellow background, I had to add 2 black rectangles (KotorBlackSlide) to overlay and block out the yellow background that was showing at the top and the bottom of the map image.

I hope this helps. I made it in 6.5.2 (the latest version). It might not play in earlier versions.

Gary

Kotor Map Route_Sep1-2010_7-39-23.zip

Hello,

Is it possible and how to make an arrow that is moving through an image suggestion the route that i drive during, for example, an holiday.

Regards from Holland

Jan

=================

Jan,

After taking a look at TheDom's sample of his map-route, I see that my version of a map route was not as pristine as his. I made a boo-boo. In my last posting, I indicated that I had to rectify the black background that was showing through the map with the transparent route by changing the background to yellow to more closely match the other yellow routes on the map. I see that if I followed thedom's example (and Lin's), I should have just put in an original image of the map under the map with the transparent route (and under the red rectangles) so the original route would have just shown through the transparent route. I just did not get that point. This would really make it work so much better and easier.

Gary

Gary,

You've now grasped the essence of this technique. Two layers of map, the upper layer having the route carefully erased in Photoshop. And then slip your coloured layer in between and animate the coloured layer. That animation can be either straightforward - on a reasonably straight route, or very complex on a highly convoluted route. And circular routes can be a real pain!

regards,

Peter

Hi Gary,

I have made a shorter version of my Car trip show, I do normaly

use Lins Tutorial but the area we were at this time the Roads were very bendy

so I thought I would give this way a try, I spent many hours on it at first

untill I found how to get it going,It does need a lot of key points for the car

to keep to the road.

I can upload the PTE file to Mediafire If you would like to see it

Link to EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/?8aqoippj8s17j8s

All the best RayC

Hi Gary,

I have made a shorter version of my Car trip show, I do normaly

use Lins Tutorial but the area we were at this time the Roads were very bendy

so I thought I would give this way a try, I spent many hours on it at first

untill I found how to get it going,It does need a lot of key points for the car

to keep to the road.

I can upload the PTE file to Mediafire If you would like to see it

Link to EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/?8aqoippj8s17j8s

All the best RayC

======================

Ray,

That bring back many memories. We drove from Nelson, down the west coast to Invercargil, and up to Christchurch, back in 1980. Beautiful country. Your pictures of the Moreaki Boulders reminded me where we almost got killed getting back on the road and forgetting that we should have been on the left side!!! I lost just about all of my pictures because my camera went on the fritz. Didn't know it until I got back. :( My first road map was done the way you did it and I think it is much more difficult then doing the transparent route as Lin and TheDom have demonstrated. But it is neat to use the car image. Thanks for the memories... I just uploaded my trip to Beechbrook with my route map in Dubrovnik and Kotor.

Gary

Thanks Gary,

Sorry to hear about your missaps, one area I did not show was the

Bendigo gold Mines My grandaughter took to many photos and would have made the show very long.

The track up the mountain was very scary driveing up to it but was worth it.

Pleased you liked it.

Ray