WnSoft Forums

Slide Show problems

Eric Athroll

:( Hi

I have been evaluating Pictures2Exe and have experienced problems during the fading out/in from one image to the next.

All my test images are jpegs and have been sized to 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 dpi in Photoshop and compressed to 50% using File>Save for Web.

When I run the test sequence with a music background using the fade in/out option some of the images suffer from pronounced flickering. As they are all sized and compressed to the same degree I cannot understand why.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :(

Hi, Eric,

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Some other possible causes of flickering are:

- Other programs running in the background

- Trying to fade too fast (with images this size, especially on a "slow" pc, you may need fade transitions at least 2 seconds long - 3 to 5 seconds may even be required).

- Your pc may be too slow (P3 or P4 recommended, if in the Intel family)

- Images too close together in time (need approx 0.5 to 1 sec between transitions on the timeline if show is synched)

- Inadequate video card

Please give us more info on the system you are using.

Al, thanks for advices!

Dear Eric,

What CPU is installed in your PC?

Fade effect may works slowely for pictures at 1024x768 size on PC with 700 Mhz or lower.

But good news, we will vastly improve (in 2 times) smoothness of this effect in the next version! So it will provide much more better work for this effect even on such PCs.

Igor,

But good news, we will vastly improve (in 2 times) smoothness of this effect in the next version!

That is GREAT news! This is the kind of breakthrough we have been waiting for and it will greatly enhance PTE's ability to produce even more-professional shows, with better, tighter, faster-paced dissolves!!

Hi everyone

Windows XP (Home Edition), Pentium III 800 MHz, 756 Mb RAM, Rage Fury Pro Xpert/2000 pro.

I have tried all the obvious things like varying the length of the fade and the time between fades and played around with different image sizes starting at 640x480 pxls.

The strange thing is it only happens with some images, usually with the opening one and subsequent one or two.

Seems it may be my three years old PC.

If this is the case will the next version improve on that? Also will a CD of the Project run properly on a faster PC? Any thoughts?

Hi again

I've just copies my test project to a CD and played it on my wife's Laptop and it runs fine so it has to be my slow processor.

The laptop is a Compaq and has Windows XP (Home Edition), an Athlon XP2200+ Processor, 320Mb RAM and Radion IGP 320M Display Adaptor.

I aim to produce slide shows to show at my local camera club using a laptop and video projector (not mine) so hopefully this would project well, without all the flickering. One of my colleagues reckons he doesn't have this problem and uses the club's laptop/projector to show his creations (up to 350 images on 2 CDs).

As my own PC copes more than adequately with my imaging and other needs I do not intend to upgrade the processor as to do this I would need to upgrade everything else.

Eric,

One other factor in flickering is the range in brightness between the incoming and outgoing images. This is may be why you notice it more at the beginning where the first image is fading from black to a brighter image. One way to lessen this is to use a long lead-in fade to the first image, and long fades wherever there are large dark areas in a slide.

Eric,

I would think by your PC specs all should be fine ... its not that old

Seems it may be my three years old PC.

My first guess to start, make sure your video card/settings are all in order. (refresh rates,color depth,etc.)

How about your monitor ?

CRT or LCD ?