WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.4 Beta

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5.4 Beta is available now

This beta replaces previous version 6.5.3 after installation.

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (8 MB)

Changes in version 6.5.4

* Fixed issue (v4.1.x-v6.5.3) with duration of some MP3 audio files. Playback stopped earlier on several seconds.

* Fixed issue (v6.5.0-v.6.5.3) with incorrect visual size of a picture in fullscreen preview for a selected image in the File list.

* Fixed rare problem (v6.0.0-v6.5.3) with freezing of the program when user tries to create executable file for PC.

• 1 year later...

Hi Igor

I switched to v6.5 after successfully using v5 for several years. I think it's great, but have found a problem with my new laptop running under Windows 7. When I compile my pte file, the exe file takes ages to run - more than 5 minutes before it will start. I've tried switching to Windows XP (both service packs 2 and 3) under the compatibility properties, but no difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

Linda,

This is a very old thread.

PTE is now at V7.0.4 - it might be worth loading the latest version and trying that before progressing any further.

It sounds as though you might have some HEAVY files/images in your project? Or possibly a non-standard music file?

Take the music file out and try again.

Tell us the size of your JPEGs?

DG

Linda,

This is a very old thread.

PTE is now at V7.0.4 - it might be worth loading the latest version and trying that before progressing any further.

It sounds as though you might have some HEAVY files/images in your project? Or possibly a non-standard music file?

Take the music file out and try again.

Tell us the size of your JPEGs?

DG

Some of my files are rather big - ie 180 resolution and just over 40x30 with a file size of between 3 and 4mb each, but the majority are 40x30 with a resolution of 72, bringing the file size down to between 600k-1mb. I've run files this big in v5.1 without any problems. My slide shows always last 1 hour, so I have about 20 music files. I'll have a go at reducing the size of some of my music files as one is 7mb and a couple are 5mb each.

It is a complex slide show with lots of transitions - some in 3D and in quite a few cases I've utilised picture borders. However, it runs smoothly from within Pictures to Exe.

As detailed in my reply to Yachtsman1, the PTE file is 3.42 mb, making an executable file of 1627.8mb. I have successfully created 2gb exe files which ran perfectly in v5.1.

Linda

Linda,

Since you say it runs fine within PTE preview but takes the EXE 5mins to start/load ...

Basic Questions :

1) Does the new PC have a new/different virus protection software or enhanced scan settings ?

2) How long does your PC/virus protection take to just scan the 2 GB EXE file from right-click ?

3) If you exempt the 2GB EXE from being checked by the virus protection software ... does it start/load in less time ?

* I think you see my initial objective is to sort out and omit the virus protection software as the first step in finding any possible startup delays.

Linda,

Since you say it runs fine within PTE preview but takes the EXE 5mins to start/load ...

Basic Questions :

1) Does the new PC have a new/different virus protection software or enhanced scan settings ?

2) How long does your PC/virus protection take to just scan the 2 GB EXE file from right-click ?

3) If you exempt the 2GB EXE from being checked by the virus protection software ... does it start/load in less time ?

* I think you see my initial objective is to sort out and omit the virus protection software as the first step in finding any possible startup delays.

Yes I agree - the thought had crossed my mind. I'll try it and get back to you. I tried running it on my old machine under Windows XP and it took just as long, but strangely when I looked at the properties compatibility it had changed the compatibility mode to Windows 95!

Linda

Yes I agree - the thought had crossed my mind. I'll try it and get back to you. I tried running it on my old machine under Windows XP and it took just as long, but strangely when I looked at the properties compatibility it had changed the compatibility mode to Windows 95!

Linda

Just tried it and it worked - thanks a lot. I tried it several times and also switched my antivirus back to checking the exe file again and it took 5 mins plus to run again. As soon as I excluded the file from my antivirus software again it ran immediately. I assume this needs reporting as a bug, or has it been addressed already?

Again many thanks

Linda

Linda,

If it is a bug, it is a bug in your anti-virus product, not in Pictures-to-Exe; so you will need to contact whoever supplies your anti-virus software. During an anti-virus scan, the target of that scan is a totally passive player. You haven't said which Anti-Virus software you are using. Over the years, the forum members have had problems with almost all of the major products and with many of the minor products, too. Of late, the one that seems to be giving fewest problems, is Microsoft Security Essentials.

regards,

Peter

Linda,

If it is a bug, it is a bug in your anti-virus product, not in Pictures-to-Exe; so you will need to contact whoever supplies your anti-virus software. During an anti-virus scan, the target of that scan is a totally passive player. You haven't said which Anti-Virus software you are using. Over the years, the forum members have had problems with almost all of the major products and with many of the minor products, too. Of late, the one that seems to be giving fewest problems, is Microsoft Security Essentials.

regards,

Peter

Peter

I use Avira antivirus and have had no problems before, but will report it - thanks

Linda