WnSoft Forums

Freezing of PicturesToExe on Windows 7 [SOLVED]

Igor

Some users of PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 to 6.5 have a problem with freezing of the main program when they add new slides or move slides, or just load another project. This issue happens only under Windows 7 with Aero Glass. We need more statistic on this problem. (Aero Glass is a new view of user interface in Windows 7, windows has semi-transparent border and caption, 3D effects on minimizing/restoring of applications.)

If you experience this problem, please reply on several questions. If you can't reply on some question, just skip it.

- Name of CPU;

- Number of cores: Dual or Quad;

- Size of system memory

- Name of video card

- 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7

- When freezing of the program happens? (Adding of new slide, start of PicturesToExe, opening of a project)

- Do you have any problem with running of executable sequences earlier created in PicturesToExe 5.5 to 6.5?

Thanks in advance!

Currently I'm suspecting that this problem related with quad-core CPUs. So if you have 4 cores CPU and everything is OK under Windows 7, please let me know.

Igor

My Computer details are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i5 750 2.66 Ghz 4800MT/s 8mb Cache (Soc1156)

Memory: Kingston 6Gb DDR3 1600MHzHyper X XMP Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-27)

Video Card: 1 GB AT1 Radeon HD5450 VTX DDR3 HDMI/DVI/CRT

64 bit version of Windows 7

The same problem occurs with PTE 6, but I have not tried it on earlier versions, as I have only recently installed Windows 7

Hope this helps!

Igor, I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

- Name of CPU; Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz, 2400 MHz, 4 cœur(s), 4 processeur(s) logique(s)

- Size of system memory 6 Go DDR2

- Name of video card ATI 5570: ASUS EAH5570 SILENT/DI/1GD2 1GB DDR2 PCI-E DVI-I

- 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7 64bit home premium

- Do you have any problem with running of executable sequences earlier created in PicturesToExe 5.5 to 6.5? NO

RGDS Jean

Please try this test player of slideshows:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/SlideshowPlayer.zip (800 KB)

Click "Open Project" button, choose any working .pte project file. Slideshow should player. Try to rewind position (click "Play/Pause" after rewinding to resume). Then try to load another project.

How it works on your PC?

Please try this test player of slideshows:

http://www.wnsoftc.com/test/SlideshowPlayer.zip (800 KB)

Click "Open Project" button, choose any working .pte project file. Slideshow should player. Try to rewind position (click "Play/Pause" after rewinding to resume). Then try to load another project.

How it works on your PC?

Igor

Please will you check this reference as my Search Engine does not recognise it.

Ray,

Do I understand right that it's possible to run PicturesToExe 6.5.4, load some project and click to any slide in the Slide list below to see a preview in preview area without freezing of PicturesToExe? Is it possible to rewind position of cursor below the preview (miniPlayer)? Then load another project, select some slides. All it doesn't freeze the program?

But if you modify existing project, move slide or add new slide, or create new project and add first slide it causes freezing?

Ray,

Do I understand right that it's possible to run PicturesToExe 6.5.4, load some project and click to any slide in the Slide list below to see a preview in preview area without freezing of PicturesToExe? Is it possible to rewind position of cursor below the preview (miniPlayer)? Then load another project, select some slides. All it doesn't freeze the program?

But if you modify existing project, move slide or add new slide, or create new project and add first slide it causes freezing?

Igor

It only freezes when I move a slide of an existing project.

Ray,

Jean,

Please try this modified version of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-04_1.zip

The caption of the main window of PTE should contains words "2010-11-04_1". It means that you run this special version.

Will it freezes on your computers with Aero Glass enabled?

Igor

Yes, It freezes with this version also.

Hello Igor,

results with player:

Slideshows work ok except that the first 3 slides are very jerky as if PC was a very old one.

results with special version:

You have to wait a very long time before the first slide is diplayed.

Secondly, same problem as before when you move one heavy (with 1 mask) slide in the timeline: the program freeze and display starts blinking!

RGDS

Jean

Thanks,

Please try a new test version of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-05_1.zip

The caption of the main window should contain "2010-11-05_1".

In this version I've deactivated preview for selected images in the file list. It displays only picture of selected slide in Slide list. Please ignore this visual bug. The only important thing - will it work or freeze?

Ray,

Jean,

Thanks!

One more question please. In official version (6.5.4) does freezing occur when you:

- add slide by double clicking on a picture in the file panel (without visual drag-n-drop)

- if you go to the Objects & animation editor, simply move a main picture to a half of screen, close the O&A editor. Do you see the result of this change in the MiniPlayer? Or it freezes?

- will it freeze if you move slide by mouse (change time position on several seconds) in TIMELINE mode?

- copy and then paste one slide to slide list

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E500 2,60GHz

Memory : 4 G

Windows 7 64 bits

Video Nvidia GeForce G210

Adding or move slides from a existing project (see mails under Window7 64 bit from 11th of March and later)

Igor,

I tried your new version but same problem.

Adding slide by double click, no freeze

I don’t understand what you mean by move to a half screen, if it is to change the size to a half screen, it doesn’t freeze and you see the change in the mini-player

Regards

Pierre

Thanks, Pierre! Exactly that I need.

So I can assume that freezing happens right after VISUAL drag-n-drop to (or within) Slide list?

- Will it freeze if you move slide by mouse (change time position on several seconds) in TIMELINE mode?

- copy and then paste one slide to slide list?

Ray,

Jean,

Thanks!

One more question please. In official version (6.5.4) does freezing occur when you:

- add slide by double clicking on a picture in the file panel (without visual drag-n-drop)

- if you go to the Objects & animation editor, simply move a main picture to a half of screen, close the O&A editor. Do you see the result of this change in the MiniPlayer? Or it freezes?

- will it freeze if you move slide by mouse (change time position on several seconds) in TIMELINE mode?

- copy and then paste one slide to slide list

Igor

I carried out all these tests and they did not cause any problems. I only get freezing when I drag and drop images within the slide list.