WnSoft Forums

Freezing of PicturesToExe on Windows 7 [SOLVED]

Igor

Ray, I'm grateful you for your patience and quick replies!

Last question for today, will official version 6.5.4 freeze if you start to drag a picture from the File list, but drop it outside the Slide list (say drop it back to file list)?

Igor, my tests results with 654:

- add slide by double clicking on a picture in the file panel (without visual drag-n-drop) NO

- if you go to the Objects & animation editor, simply move a main picture to a half of screen, close the O&A editor. Do you see the result of this change in the MiniPlayer? YES Or it freezes? NO

- will it freeze if you move slide by mouse (change time position on several seconds) in TIMELINE mode? YES for 6 seconds:

After moving the slide, you have to wait 1 to 2s before cliking onto another slide and wait for 6s to see this other slide displayed in mini player. Note that if you continue to click anywere before those 6s are elapsed (slide displayed) , PTE will freeze (or loop) and you'll have to cancel the process!

- copy and then paste one slide to slide list YES for 6s

I got same results with 655.2

RGDS

Jean

Last question for today, will official version 6.5.4 freeze if you start to drag a picture from the File list, but drop it outside the Slide list (say drop it back to file list)?

Igor

I tried that and it did not freeze.

But if I dragged an image from the File List and dropped it onto the Slide List it froze the program

View PostIgor Kokarev, on 06 November 2010 - 07:59 PM, said:

Igor

I tried that and it did not freeze.

But if I dragged an image from the File List and dropped it onto the Slide List it froze the program

Exactly the same thing for me.

Jean

Thanks, Pierre! Exactly that I need.

So I can assume that freezing happens right after VISUAL drag-n-drop to (or within) Slide list?

- Will it freeze if you move slide by mouse (change time position on several seconds) in TIMELINE mode?

- copy and then paste one slide to slide list?

Igor,

- move slide in timeline : freeze also in the new version

- add silde to the list in the previous vesion (picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-05_1) freeze the program definitively, but with your new version (picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-07_1) I tried many times it's OK

- drag-n-drop a new slide : freeze

Pierre

add silde to the list in the previous vesion (picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-05_1) freeze the program definitively, but with your new version (picturestoexe-setup_2010-11-07_1) I tried many times it's OK

Be careful Pierre:

With this version 2010-11-07_1, when dragging a picture from the File list to the Slide list, the picture insertion is OK, but after that, you'll have to wait 10 secondes before clicking for another action or PTE will hang.

Jean

Igor

I did this but it installed as 6.5.4.

No improvement, I am afraid.

Jean, it's what I said, when you drag and drop a new picture it's freeze, but if you right click on a new picyture of your list and perforn add a new pictures to your timeline it works in the last version without freezing, I tried many times without problems.

Pierre

Today after many attempts and hardware experiments we finally reproced this problem on our computer in office.

We installed ADM Phenom X4 quad-core CPU and removed external NVIDIA PCI-E video card. It's working with integrated ATI-AMD HD 3200 video card now.

We'll explore this problem right now.

Thank you for for the help!