WnSoft Forums

Upgrade questions

KyDan

Greetings!

I may be in the minority around here. I am a fairly long time user of PTE but on a very sporadic basis.

I manage to talk myself into creating about 1 slide show per year if that.

These shows are purely a means of saving, compiling my vacation pictures from the previous year.

Just letting you know I'm not brand new to this but sometimes the old memory fades between uses

of PTE so I wind up asking the same questions.

On the other hand I find myself watching my PTE shows over and over. They are so much fun and

they help me remember the good times.

I have version 6.0.3

It says standard upgrades free for life

Deluxe upgrade free until Jan 2012

I know I can download the new version for free.

It will work with all deluxe features assuming I can find my key.

Here is my question-- Once I've downloaded the new version will

the deluxe features stop working after January 2012??

I've always been in the dark here.... I know that after that date NEW versions

will require a purchase but will my old -- DELUXE features continue or stop

on that date?

If I may ask another really basic question.

Does the newest version allow the addition of video AVI files to my PTE show?

Peace & Love!

Dan D.

Here is my question-- Once I've downloaded the new version will

the deluxe features stop working after January 2012??

I've always been in the dark here.... I know that after that date NEW versions

will require a purchase but will my old -- DELUXE features continue or stop

on that date?

On the WnSoft website you can read: "Free upgrades for VideoBuilder (included to Deluxe edition) during two years’ period since the date of your purchasing. After the end of this period you can continue to use any previously released version of VideoBuilder for unlimited time or pay $34 for the upgrade of the newer version".

This should be clear. If you keep your old deluxe-versions on you machine, they will always offer the deluxe-features. Only new versions (in your case, released after January 2012) will only offer the standard features, if you do not buy an upgrade.

Regards,

Xaver

This is very confusing for customers and I get so many queries I have had to put some info up on my web site to prevent me having to write the same email reply over and over again.

I wonder why it was felt not possible to put VB as a part of PTE.

Guest Yachtsman1

This is very confusing for customers and I get so many queries I have had to put some info up on my web site to prevent me having to write the same email reply over and over again.

I wonder why it was felt not possible to put VB as a part of PTE.

As you know, it used to be. So one can only assume it was Wnsoft looking for more revenue. As for myself, I haven't renewed video builder and still have the original version which I last used in December 2009. I haven't had the need to use it since then but have moved on to later versions of PTE, so eventually I will have to bite the bullet and up-grade. Needs must when the devil drives, or words to that effect. One wonders how Audacity can offer their programme for free :)

Yachtsman1 :(

Eric

Well, wnsoft are entitled to as much revenue as they can generate. There has to be a fair return for all the time and developments costs spent on PTE. However, its not easy for anyone buying PTE to understand the complicated upgrading or there wouldn't be so many questions and confusion around it. . No-one offers unlimited updates these days and perhaps PTE should consider consolidating VB into PTE at least for buyers from this point onwards with a free upgrade for a couple of years.

Hi

I have only just discovered this thread. Today I tried to create a disc using videobuilder, having purchased a further licence for PtoE de Luxe at the beginning of 2009. However, I received a message saying that my videobuilder key had expired, but I could continue using the my existing copy of the program (presumably videobuilder)on a continuing basis. I chose to continue, but nevertheless, while burning the show I noticed that a watermark was imprinted across the picture indicating that a trial version of the program had been used. This is not what I had expected.

As I need to create a disc I went to the Digital River website and proceeded to purchase a new licence and, as usual, I got stung for VAT after having committed myself to a cost for the program which looked reasonable.

I would now like to clarify precisely what is meant by the message that videobuilder could still be used without paying for a new key. In other words have I wasted my money in buying a new key when I could somehow have carried on using my existing program without having the final product watermarked in the way already described?

Incidentally, why should it take up to 48 hours to receive a new key when with many (all?) other downloaded programs one can expect the licence key to be sent immediately.

As an enthusiastic user of PtoE for many years I do not begrudge paying for the program, but would prefer it if the conditions of use were made much clearer.

Andrew

Guest Yachtsman1

It's my understanding you can use video builder for life providing you are using the original version of PTE you had when you bought the system, if you get a free PTE upgrade today, you cannot use your original video builder with it after 2 years, only with your original version. say 5.whatever.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

Well, wnsoft are entitled to as much revenue as they can generate. There has to be a fair return for all the time and developments costs spent on PTE. However, its not easy for anyone buying PTE to understand the complicated upgrading or there wouldn't be so many questions and confusion around it. . No-one offers unlimited updates these days and perhaps PTE should consider consolidating VB into PTE at least for buyers from this point onwards with a free upgrade for a couple of years.

You are bound to have that opinion as you are selling PTE, I am sure those of us who purchased the de lux version when it was free for life would have another.

Yachtsman1.

It's my understanding you can use video builder for life providing you are using the original version of PTE you had when you bought the system, if you get a free PTE upgrade today, you cannot use your original video builder with it after 2 years, only with your original version. say 5.whatever.

Yachtsman1.

I am sorry to say that this description is not quite correct, the precise rule is given here.

Regards,

Xaver

The way I understood it was (briefly) if you buy PTE DeLuxe 6.5.5 today and NEVER EVER upgrade it to a future version then the whole package will work "forever".

If, however you upgrade to a NEW VERSION (of VIDEOBUILDER) after the two year period then a new payment to upgrade the VIDEO BUILDER portion is required.

Correct or not?

DG

... However, its not easy for anyone buying PTE to understand the complicated upgrading ...

There are so many things or facts that are not easy to understand. Look at the prices for PTE Deluxe licenses:

09 licenses 675.00 USD

10 licenses 399.90 USD

19 licenses 759.81 USD

20 licenses 499.80 USD

49 licenses 1224.51 USD

50 licenses 749.60 USD

Funny, isn't it?

Regards,

Xaver

The way I understood it was (briefly) if you buy PTE DeLuxe 6.5.5 today and NEVER EVER upgrade it to a future version then the whole package will work "forever".

If, however you upgrade to a NEW VERSION (of VIDEOBUILDER) after the two year period then a new payment to upgrade the VIDEO BUILDER portion is required.

Correct or not?

DG

Correct (in my opinion)! New versions released within the two year period should work "forever", as well.

Regards,

Xaver

Correct or not?

DG

Correct (in my opinion)! New versions released within the two year period should work "forever", as well.

Regards,

Xaver

Combining both your posts gives, I believe, the correct state of the upgrade position for Video-Builder.

regards,

Peter

Gary,

You are bound to have that opinion as you are selling PTE, I am sure those of us who purchased the de lux version when it was free for life would have another.

Yachtsman1.

Just so there is no further misinformation and to keep the facts correct and avoid more user confusion ... The Deluxe version with VideoBuilder has not ever been free for life. Only PicturesToExe has ever and still has a free for life registration. When VideoBuilder was first introduced in version 5, the PicturesToExe product became know as PicturesToExe Deluxe. The VideoBuilder upgrade has always had a two-year registration renewal.

** Prior to version 5 ... you could burn DVD using only the AVI feature method which only used third party video burning programs. That feature is still part of PicturesToExe Deluxe and still free for life.

Hi

Having read the fresh contributions since my comment and referring to the link mentioned by Xaver, I still do not understand why my slide show was watermarked. Any upgrading of PtoE was done during the life of my valid key.

Severn Bore,

Hi

Having read the fresh contributions since my comment and referring to the link mentioned by Xaver, I still do not understand why my slide show was watermarked. Any upgrading of PtoE was done during the life of my valid key.

The so called demo watermaks will only appear on unregistered or expired registration keys. Make sure you have loaded your latest valid VideoBuilder registration key. Its possible your older expired VideoBuilder registration key is still loaded giving you the problem.

* Check your current registration key information in PTE ... Click Help | About PicturesToExe. The status of your key registrations is displayed.

If you are refering to this comment:

I would now like to clarify precisely what is meant by the message that videobuilder could still be used without paying for a new key. In other words have I wasted my money in buying a new key when I could somehow have carried on using my existing program without having the final product watermarked in the way already described?

If you receive a Load A Key message window ... it means your currently loaded registration key has expired for the current version of PicturesToExe Deluxe being used. If you read closely the attachment below ... you can continue to use your previous version of PicturesToExe Deluxe, which means it still allows full registration useage for that previous version. Any build files from a previous registered PicturesToExe Deluxe version ... will display a demo watermak if output is used in a new unregistered or expired PicturesToExe Deluxe version.

* Verify and make sure your lastest beginning of 2009 key of your VideoBuilder registration is loaded and not your previous older expired key.

Please Note:

The registration keys only apply to the current program version(s) being used ... the actual .pte project/build file(s) carries no version registration. This simply means any .pte project/build file using Create needs to be output in a registered program version feature so as not to receive demo watermaks .

post-45-056994900 1290680715_thumb.jpg

It's me again...... I've been trying to follow the conversation above.

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person.

but.....

Peter's post # 13 above seems to say that I will be able to upgrade

within my current registration period (thru January 2012)

and assuming I do not upgrade AFTER that date, I WILL BE ABLE TO BURN VIDEO

within the PTE program AFTER THAT DATE.

post #14 above seems to say no.

I still don't get it.

ALSO-- I am happy with my current version UNLESS a new upgrade

will allow me to include brief video AVI clips in my slide show.

Does the newest upgrade include this feature?

Thanks again for helping me understand this "simple" concept!!

Dan D,

within the PTE program AFTER THAT DATE.

post #14 above seems to say no.

Post #14 above (my post) makes no reference ... nor does it remotely address the subject of your question.

within the PTE program AFTER THAT DATE

The answer is Yes. If you want to burn DVD with the upgrade release of VideoBuilder after that expire date without re-registering VideoBuilder... you will get the demo watermarks. However, you can still burn a DVD the old way using the AVI feature method or use the program version that last supported the VideoBuilder registration.

** There is no new upgrade or program release to date available that supports inserting AVI clips .

... If you want to burn DVD with VideoBuilder after that date without re-registering VideoBuilder... you will get the demo watermarks...

This statement is false! If a version of VideoBuilder has been registered once with some key, this particular version will survive for lifetime. Of course, it will be only of restricted usefulness, as it will not support projects generated with later versions of PTE.

Look at Peter's FAQ ( http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10579&view=findpost&p=68564 ), or look at posts 10, 11, 13 above.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver

This statement is false! If a version of VideoBuilder has been registered once with some key, this particular version will survive for lifetime. Of course, it will be only of restricted usefulness, as it will not support projects generated with later versions of PTE.

Look at Peter's FAQ ( http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10579&view=findpost&p=68564 ), or look at posts 10, 11, 13 above.

Regards,

Xaver

Your quote is not quite my final comment. Its possible you have replied while I was commenting/editng the topic. Check again.

My comment

If you want to burn DVD with the upgrade release of VideoBuilder after that expire date without re-registering VideoBuilder... you will get the demo watermarks.

* We all know this is tricky to word correctly so users can grasph the totality ... as one badly used or omitted word can word can and will lead to more confusion.

OH my gosh!!!

This is surely one mis-understood topic--- even by members with well over 1000

posts in this forum.

I thought my question was fairly straight forward.

I followed the link to Peters FAQ here--

Peter's FAQ

I have extracted these lines from his post as they seem to answer my original

query.

What this means in practice is that your VideoBuilder key will work with its original PTE version "for life" and with any higher version installed during the life of the key.

But if you upgrade PTE to a new version after the key has expired then VideoBuilder will not function fully until you have renewed your subscription by buying a further two years of key life.

I believe this means that I can upgrade to the newest version of PTE DELUXE with Video Builder even up to the last day of

my license.

AFTER my license expires I will still have a fully functioning PTE & Video builder.

Of course I know that further upgrades after the expiration of my license will require another license purchase.

Thank you all for your support.

I am not trying to get away without paying.

I fully expect to purchase a new license and future upgrades but as I said,

I am perfectly happy with what I have now and am relieved to find it will continue to function as

long as I care to use it.

I also thank you all for technical support in the past and future.

The PTE product is GREATLY enhanced by the support available in this forum.

Peace to you all.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but here I go anyway---

How does this sound??

The PTE DELUXE license allows the purchaser to receive FREE UPDATES

as long as the license is in effect.

When the license expires the ONLY thing that stops working are future free updates.

Software that was installed PRIOR to license expire date CONTINUE to function normally

AFTER expiration.

End---