WnSoft Forums

Slideshow Heading

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Many people are still posting new shows and not giving technical details. IE size duration number of slides aspect ratio. Would it be possible to add a note asking posters to include these details in their text description of their show in the section title, I for one do not attempt to download any that don't, and also any over 20mb.

Yachtsman1.

Yachtsman -

The only info I include relating to any of my shows is a brief statement about the show and the download size. I feel that including the download size should give the viewer some idea of the show's length however, I've really never given it much though. I'm happy to say that I don't share in your restrictive policies as I would miss out in viewing a lot of great shows.

just my thoughts,

Greg

Guest Yachtsman1

Yachtsman -

The only info I include relating to any of my shows is a brief statement about the show and the download size. I feel that including the download size should give the viewer some idea of the show's length however, I've really never given it much though. I'm happy to say that I don't share in your restrictive policies as I would miss out in viewing a lot of great shows.

just my thoughts,

Greg

Greg

What you are probably not aware of is I live in a rural area with a P*** poor download speed, I have better things to do than sit for 2 hours downloading a 75mb show.

Yachtsman1.

Eric

Why?

The duration of the show is irrelavant to the viewer, if its too long they know where the escape key is.

The number if images it contains is also irrelevant to the viewer. It tells you nothing about the size, length or quality of any show

The aspect ratio is also irrelevant as I found a year or two back when I suggested we should change the resolution of our monitor to match the show we are playing so that we saw it at its best and many on this forum nearly had a seizure

A 20mb limit is not a realistic limit to set. The march to larger wide screen displays is moving along swiftly and any half decent show will be over 20mb.

Lastly, I have a great tip for you when downloading large files. Its quite technical but here goes:-

Click to download the file

Go and watch an hour of TV, have a cup of tea and a Digestive biscuit (the type of biscuit is not important, Rich Tea is OK too)

When you come back the file is there on your desktop, it's almost like magic :lol:

Guest Yachtsman1

Barry

I will try to give you a simple explanation as you don't seem to be able to understand words of more that two syllables. If you read the initial post, it refers to my request for a feature on one of the sections. This subject was discussed at length earlier this year while you were back on the dark side.

My reason for the request being, I live in a rural area where 1GB broadband speed is a luxury and usually less than that, consequently, (sorry, that is more than two syllables) I have set a limit on the length of show I will download, 20MB.

Loading anything in excess of this is a pain and outside my tolerance level. Additionally, being on a fixed income, I am on the lowest download level BT allows with my package, going over that level puts my monthly payments up above what I can afford to maintain comfortably.

I have a 5-4 aspect ratio monitor (my preference), so watching a 16-9 AV show through a letter box is not my idea of enjoyment (sorry more than two syllables again), so unless the show has some other merit such as the one you slaughtered some time ago & the poster has not bothered to download another, which caused a furore on here, I won't download it.

I know you enjoy winding me up, and making controversial (OOOOPPPs multi syllables again). Instead of adopting this attitude, why not try to be Mr Nice Guy and help instead of just taking the p*** all the time.

Yachtsman1

:rolleyes:

Well, I live in a rural area too and have a very slow broadband, especially compared to what we had in the UK and we thought that was slow, but the downloads here, while slow, will run happily in the background.

I don't know what your bandwidth is, but I would guess you will have to download a lot of slide shows to bust it. Our Btinternet in the UK didn't have a bandwidth limit. I just looked at some of my latest slide shows and they all seem to tip over 20mb and I use a jpeg compression of 6, where many on this forum choose a higher setting I believe.

Even if you have a bandwidth issue it has no relation at all to slide show duration, the number of slides in that show or the aspect aspect ratio, thats the authors creative choice. If you want to list all that, then go ahead and do so, but accept that I and probably others, choose not to. What's the point as its always going to be missed when new people sign up or non regular members post a show link.

Its your choice to limit your downloads, but it must be pretty clear that as PTE continues to improve, pretty soon you will have precious little to download at all. A quick check of the Beachbrook site will show that of the last 30 shows posted only 11 fall under 20mb. Of that 11, 2 were 3 and 5mb, so perhaps they may be demos.

Download a few more shows over 20mb for just one month and see how it affects your bandwidth. You may be pleasently surprised to find it doesn't cost you a penny. As for aspect ratio, like it or not, widescreen is here to stay, but you don't really need me to tell you that.

Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,

Bring me Laughter, all the while,

In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,

So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright AV Show,

Make me wide-screen, through the years,

Never bring me, broadband fears,

Let your band be as wide as the sun from up above,

Bring me music, bring me pictures, bring me love.

Bring me Jpegs, level 6

Animation of all the Pics

Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun,

We can be so content, if we gather little slide shows,

Be light-hearted, one and all,

Keep my slide shows very small,

Let your exe be as warm as the sun from up above,

:rolleyes:

A little bit of fine tuning and it could become the forum song

To the tune of Bring Me Sunshine

Bring me Slide shows, make them small

put the screen up, on the wall,

In this world where we live, there should be more AV Show,

Its the best fun to have, in the dark and keep your clothes on

Make me wide-screen, through the years,

Never bring me, broadband fears,

Let your band be as wide as the sun from up above,

Bring me Jpegs, level 6

Animation of all the Pics

Life's too short to be spent, waiting for that download bar,

We can be so content, if we gather little slide shows,

Join the forum, one and all

Keep my slide shows, extra small,

Let wnsoft guide you through, to make your slideshow run

Bring me music, bring me pictures, bring me Sun.

:P