WnSoft Forums

Help: Best video file out of PTE project

orizaba

Hello everybody,

Did you already noticed that this topic is one of the most viewed?

Started last 17 January, in only 3 weeks there are more than 1700 views on it!

Amazing!

We can conclude that our PTE fellows were really needing some help on this subject, and I think they got it.

Good!

Can you remember who gave such enormous help to all of us?

Mainly, Frank and Ray.

Ok.

Sometime ago, one of our PTE fellows became very angry, I would say, very, very angry, because I noticed that there are Forum Sections to which nobody pays due attention.

What did I say...!

Well, here I go again (and it's no use at all to become angry again...!)

Last 16 July 2010 (by the way, of this XXI century...) our Ray, yes, our same Ray who helped us all, posted a message under "Slideshows created with Pictures To Exe", which is:

Many of you already know that I've been using PTE for quite some time now to create a feature-length documentary, Peoples of the World: Southeast Asia.

I'm pleased to announce that it has been released. Further details and a link to the preview are available on our web site.

I believe this is an important milestone for PTE, being probably the first feature-length film made using it - certainly the first one to be made generally available.

I also hope my friends on this forum will support the important cause for which it was made - the education of indigenous people.

Ray

Do you know how many replies? I mean, PTE replies, because I can admit (thanks God...) that some of you may have replied directly to Ray's Foundation.

PTE replies: ZERO !!!

Beautiful!

Ok, the message is passed.

After all, is it so problematic to support Ray's Foundation for the education of indigenous people?

Of course, this could mean to interrupt our great PTE projects for some 5 minutes and prejudice could be enormous, however, how many minutes, hours or days did Ray used to help us?

Come on, let's be generous for a while, and mainly let's be solidary to one of our PTE Forum fellow members.

As he posted

I also hope my friends on this forum will support the important cause for which it was made - the education of indigenous people.

Was I clear enough?

ZERO replies... This is really a "shame" (not my border in my project...)

Best regards,

Jose

PS: Ray's Foundation link can be found here http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12094&view=findpost&p=77844

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Yachtsman1

It's no use jumping from thread to thread, you need to answer the questions asked yesterday to your other posts. Creating a DVD using PTE's software should not be a problem if you are following the instructions in the manual.

Yachtsman1.

Can anybody take pity on me please? I have watched this topic for some while now, hoping that it would lead me to a straightforward way of putting my PicturesToExe sequences onto a BluRay disc, which I can then play in my BluRay recorder/player attached to my TV, or maybe a lap-top which is capable of playing these discs.

I confess to great disappointment that there isn’t a way built into PTE that will do this task automatically. (It would be tactless to mention the principal rival software by name, but it can do just that ‘at the touch of a button’.)

Most of what has been said in this topic so far is not at all clear to me – it seems deeply technical, and I’m not a technician. I do however believe myself to be a highly creative person, and what I crave in my simplicity is an equally simple, explicit and clear ‘recipe’, in words of one syllable (and preferably numbers of one digit!) that will enable me to write my PicturesToExe sequences to a BluRay disc, at maximum quality, and play them on my telly or my lap-top.

I installed a BluRay writer in my PC some time ago now, with this aim especially in mind and I still haven’t been able to achieve it – can anybody please help put me on the right path – with my apologies if it is already written down in letters five feet high somewhere which I have missed!

I suggest (and hope) that I may not be the only one who might welcome some simple instructions – I know the students to whom I teach PTE would welcome it – so you can be sure you will reach an audience of more than one if you can help!

My Sincere Thanks in Anticipation,

PhotoFlora

Photoflora,

Maybe others can address your query specifically, but I would ask you to consider an alternative, easier and perhaps better method.

I recently bought a BluRay Player, specifically because it has a USB input (as does my TV) which allows me to create MPEG4 files to play via the BR Player and a HDMI connection to the TV.

The quality is the equal of the BR Disc approach and possibly better.

The downside of this approach is when it comes to sharing the show - the person at the other end needs to have a suitable BR Player / TV or use the computer to view. The file size is such that a normal DVD usually accomodates it and transfer to a USB Memory Key at the other end is simple.

Use a 1920x1080 or 1280x720 project size and you will be surprised at the ease with which you can get equivalent or even superior results.

Best wishes,

DG

... a straightforward way of putting my PicturesToExe sequences onto a BluRay disc...

Unfortunately this is not a straightforward process (not with any version of PTE so far, including 7.5). You need Blu-ray authoring/burning software in addition to PTE. (I use Sony Vegas Pro but it is quite expensive and there are cheaper alternatives.) So your next step is to research this software (there are dozens of applications out there and hundreds of reviews of them on the Internet). Once you have decided on which Blu-ray authoring/burning software you want to use we will be better able to help you.