WnSoft Forums

Accurate placement of image on timeline

JRR

I have been off the forum for quite a while due to connection issues, but after a search today I could not find any reference to this in the forums. I hope I am not asking an already answered question...

I am using ver 6.0 (I know it is not the latest version - see note below) and am in the midst of 15 minute show with some seemingly tricky synchronization.

When I need to adjust the placement of an image on the timeline, I find it difficult to do with a high degree of accuracy by the click and drag method. (Maybe the real issue is I am getting too old, or my mouse is sticky.. :D:) )

In the "old days" of version 4.8 there was screen (see pic) that allowed us to enter the time start co-ordinates and "update". No need to use the click and drag method.

While I have managed without since 4.8 (maybe ver 5.xx?) I sure would like it now.

Have I missed finding the function in 6.0 ?

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For those who question my sanity :) :) anytime I ask about older versions... One reason I am slow to upgrade to the latest version is that I have well over 60 AV shows that I are presented frequently. They are presented by using a "Launch page" (using O&A in a standalone show) and you get the smoothest start if the show being launched is the same version as the launch page version. I find it too tedious to re-compile all the shows each time an update comes out. So I switch to an upgrade grudgingly at times.

post-239-0-41573000-1298460166_thumb.jpg

In the timeline view you will see a small input field (to the right of the button "Timed Points"). This field shows the time of the transition point that has been highlighted. You can click on the entries for minutes, seconds, or milliseconds, and change the corresponding values using the arrows. You may also type in directly. Sometimes PTE does not make the update at once, but clicking the arrows will force PTE to do it.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver:

Duh... Of course !!!

I have always had that area hidden as I have enlarged my image viewing area (or whatever it is called)

I forgot that those fields were "hidden" under there.

I knew Igor wouldn't have taken away a useful function.

Thank you for your quick reply.

If you just click in that box that Xaver mentioned and leave the cursor flashing in the box, you can use the up and down arror keys to make small movements and the Page up/down for larger ones. In fact that method works well in all the PTE fields including animation. I find that way most convenient.