WnSoft Forums

Assistance required for PIP Zoom

technojeff

I am trying out my first slide show, and I want to place an image in a phtographic style window (about 60% of the main screen and a traditional white border) in which the image inside the photograph zooms or pans. Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I am still working in version 6.5.

Thanks

One solution:

Make a PNG frame in Photoshop with the desired cutout size (60%) being transparent.

Place the Frame so that it is "above" the image in the Objects and Animations > Objects Pane.

Now arrange the Keyframes for the image so that it moves independent of and behind the frame.

DG

Thanks Hubert and Davegee,

I appreciate your suggestions and the kind example file. My challenge is to create a frame which is moving on the background screen with a child animated picture image located totally inside the frame. Here is the bit I am stuck with. The pan and zoom inside the frame requires the picture image to be larger than the outside dimensions of the frame, as I want to pan and zoom it.

I am sure I have seen some demo slide shows on the forum with this sort of effect.

May I encourage and appreciate any extra thoughts on the matter.

Regards

Jeff

Thanks Hubert and Davegee,

I appreciate your suggestions and the kind example file. My challenge is to create a frame which is moving on the background screen with a child animated picture image located totally inside the frame. Here is the bit I am stuck with. The pan and zoom inside the frame requires the picture image to be larger than the outside dimensions of the frame, as I want to pan and zoom it.

I am sure I have seen some demo slide shows on the forum with this sort of effect.

May I encourage and appreciate any extra thoughts on the matter.

Regards

Jeff

You need to look at MASKS.

DG (from Kindle)

Hi Jeff,

As David says, you need a mask. In this case the mask would be simply a pure white rectangle which limits the area in which the image and frame can be visible. The mask can be created right in PTE and you can adjust the shape of the rectangle by holding down the shift key while you drag the bounding rectangle with your mouse.

The mask contains both the frame "and" the image and you move the combination by keyframing the mask container. All the little "gymnastics" in the demo are done with keyframes on the mask container by using PZR and 3D transforms as you can see by observing the values. You can also zoom the entire image including the frame (I didn't do this) by zooming the mask container.

Here's a quick sample - just extract into a folder, load the PTE file, run the preview then study the construction....

http://www.learntoma...maskingdemo.zip (about 2.6 meg download)

Best regards,

Lin

Once again thanks to all who have offered assistance and examples. I have learnt a lot, and Lin's simple comment on resizing was a revelation. I was not sure what I was doing when trying to create a mask in CS5!

I am still stuck with how I create the white stroke frame along with a drop shadow around the masked area. I thought I would send my development file up for all to see and comment on. The isssue is on the screen after the titles at the race start line up prior to the event. I want a white stroke frame with a drop shadow to complete this slide.

For interest, the few extra slides are just some ideas I was testing. The final show will not have this structure.

This show is my first home grown effort, so I am using the opportunity to get to grips with many aspects of the program.

I have also used CS5 which I am even more of a beginner at to generate the titles and resize the images. As you can see - proof of novicehood....

All comments are much appreciated.

Jeff

WSB 2011Alpha.zip

Hi Jeff,

I'm a bit unclear about the details of what you want. If you could perhaps sketch a picture of what you are trying to achieve - even just a really rough pen or pencil sketch and scan it or shoot a picture with your camera and post it, maybe I or one of the other forum members can give you some direction.

The issue is that a picture is worth a thousand words in this type situation. I'm unclear on what a "stroke frame" is and if you could point to the area via a screen capture and maybe print and sketch on the print what you want and where it would really help.

Best regards,

Lin

Jeff,

I agree with Lin in that a "sketch" would help to achieve understanding. However, from your words I think you are now wanting to have the slide with the start grid line up (and all those umbrellas in the rain) to show a white border around the zooming part of the image (and with a drop shadow outside of that). Am I right? If so, read on...

I presume your current assembly for that slide is the background image plus the mask container with the zooming image. All you now need to do is add a white rectangle. Position it in the object stack so that, visually, it sits above the background image and below the masked image. Re-size it via the zoom control so that it shows just the amount you want behind the zooming image (if necessary click on the little push button between the zoom values and zoom each axis separately). Then set a drop shadow for this rectangle (Common tab of O&A) and adjust its properties if you wish. Job done!

regards,

Peter

Jeff,

This is really an aside from the main theme of your topic but, given your subject matter, have you played around with the various Blur filters in Photoshop? Judicious use of them could add an improved sense of motion and speed to the bikes, depending on how many and at what angle they are to the viewer. As with all "special effects" (including pan and zoom) the secret is to use them "a little and not too often".

regards,

Peter

Lin,

Jeff is talking about the White Line around an image or frame which is achieved in PS by selecting the whole of the image/frame or whatever and going to EDIT>STROKE.

This adds a line of any colour you choose, at your desired thickness. It can't be added to a mask but it can be overlaid as PNG which has transparency with a 3 pixel (for instance) stroke line. It's similar to what Peter described except that it would sit on top of the "stack" and not need adjustment of the underlying image size.

DG

P.S.

In the OBJECTS panel it would look like this:

Mask Container

Stroke.PNG

Image.JPG

Mask

Hi Peter,

No, I was dealing mainly with the STROKE feature which I use for just about every application of this kind.

For the shadow I think I would use a FRAME with the Mask stack as a Child.

Then add a plain rectangle to the frame behind the Mask stack and size to suit.

The rectangle can have its own shadow.

Even better, use a Shadow PNG instead of a rectangle. By use of keyframes/opacity you can then move the position of the shadow to different size/position while the Frame/Mask is subjected to PZR.

DG

Edit:

FRAME----------

|-------------------|

|---------------Mask Container

|-----------------Stroke.PNG

|-----------------Image.JPG

|-----------------Mask.JPG

|

Rectangle with shadow or Shadow.PNG

All PZR carried out on Frame

Hi Dave,

Thanks! Now I understand. I wasn't used to using the term "stroke" as a synonym for frame since I always build my frames as PNG files with feathered inside edges. Perhaps it might be easier for a single image application to do it with "stroke" but this modifies the image, (I think) and I like to keep my images separate from frames, so I just wasn't thinking that way.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Jeff is talking about the White Line around an image or frame which is achieved in PS by selecting the whole of the image/frame or whatever and going to EDIT>STROKE.

This adds a line of any colour you choose, at your desired thickness. It can't be added to a mask but it can be overlaid as PNG which has transparency with a 3 pixel (for instance) stroke line. It's similar to what Peter described except that it would sit on top of the "stack" and not need adjustment of the underlying image size.

DG

P.S.

In the OBJECTS panel it would look like this:

Mask Container

Stroke.PNG

Image.JPG

Mask

It CAN modify your image.

You can prepare images either with the stroke, if no zooming is applied to them, OR you make a "stroke" PNG file, as described, to apply in PTE.

If you zoom an image with a stroke line you lose the line so it has to be applied on top of the image seperately.

An example is a 3:2 project to be shown on a 16:9 monitor. To me it should have a border or stroke line around it - 3 pixels is ample.

DG

I have been off line on "Grandad Duty" at Warwick Castle, and I am back on this project now. I really want to thank everyone for their input. I understand what I need to do, and will be sorting it out tonight so that I can move this project forward, and will look at motion blur as Peter suggested.

Even though I haven't finalised my solution, you have given me a clear way ahead with a lot of experience along the way.

Thanks