WnSoft Forums

PtoEXE and Win7 64 bit.

Ave J

Can I suggest that you first upgrade to the latest version of PTE, it will not cost you anything unless you want to use the 'Videobuilder' contained in the deluxe version.

I don't use the 64 bit version but other members have previously reported that PTE runs perfectly on 64bit.

Thank you Ronniebootwest but which PtoEXE versions will work with Win 7 64bit .. purely out of morbid curiosity.

I am in a comfort zone with PtoEXE 5.6 deLuxe but will probably take your advice.

Hi Ave J, I run Windows 7 64bit version. All versions of PTE that I have will run i.e. 4.47, 5.5,. 6.0 and 7.0beta9 (all deLuxe).

As far as I know (and I'm no expert) when you install the software, Windows7 looks at it, recognises it as a 32 bit application and runs it as such. So as far as I know, Windows 7 will run any version, but not as a 64bit application. Is that a problem for me? Not so far, I've yet to come across any specific problem.

Regards, Howard

Following up on my question. Thank you Ronniebootwest but which PtoEXE versions will work with Win 7 64bit .. purely out of morbid curiosity.

I am in a comfort zone with PtoEXE 5.6 deLuxe and Video Builder. It does what I need for now.

After looking at the Forum I am reluctant to go for 6.5 due to all the reported problems getting and installing the Video Builder key correctly from WNSOFT and their apparent lack of interest and delay in correction clients problems with it.

IF PtoEXE 5.6 and Video Builder will work with Win7 64 bit it would seem sensible to stay with it. At least it works !

Buying 6.5 and Video Builder .. and getting it to work without WNSOFT helping resolve the problems quickly seems a bit risky.

Please, will/can someone restore the confidence and enjoyment I used to have with Pictures To EXE.

Hi Ave J, I run Windows 7 64bit version. All versions of PTE that I have will run i.e. 4.47, 5.5,. 6.0 and 7.0beta9 (all deLuxe).

As far as I know (and I'm no expert) when you install the software, Windows7 looks at it, recognises it as a 32 bit application and runs it as such. So as far as I know, Windows 7 will run any version, but not as a 64bit application. Is that a problem for me? Not so far, I've yet to come across any specific problem.

Regards, Howard

Hi,

As far as I know, all current versions of P2E work fine with Win 7 64.

The issues with installing the Video Builder key are not that common and are primarily caused from client anti-threat software which strips or corrupts the key. The issue isn't with PTE, it's with offending software which alters the file sent via email. The reason this is not reported as frequently with some other software is that many developers or distributors use third party clients who send a "link" for download versus using email. The downside of a link is that it can easily result in theft where emailing a key is less problematic. The other side is that their forums are carefully monitored and complaints are removed before the posts are made public. Wnsoft is quite up front and the forums help to resolve issues. I don't know of a single issue that has not been resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

There has been no "delay" on the part of Wnsoft in dealing with these problems, but many times their emails communications are lost in spam filters. Apparently, this happens more in some countries than in others for various reasons. The fact that reporting is allowed via the forums tends to emphasize the "problems" and you never hear from the multitudes of very satisfied customers who purchase, install and use PTE without issue.

In all, the number of "complaints" is quite low, and the number of happy customers is very high. You are drawing conclusions based on skewed evidence.

Best regards,

Lin

Ave J,

I still have 5.6 on my computer alongside 6.5 and now 7beta9. I can happily use any and all of them on my Windows 7, 64bit desktop. Why not download 6.5 and give it a go. You only need to purchase a new key if you also want an update of Video Builder. I did this recently for my upgrade to 6.5 when I decided to upgrade Video Builder at the same time. I had absolutely no problem with the installation.

Regards,

Paul

Hello Ave J,

Lin is quite correct in all he says and I think that you should go ahead and download version 6.5 (although if you want the really latest version and don't object to using 'BETA' software, you will find that it contains many more new features that make PTE the very best in its class. I think that you may be making an assumption that the program is bad because of the many bug reports that you see on the forum concerning Version 7 beta. Please remember that 'beta' means that the software is being tested by actual users and the sole purpose of beta testing is to find and resolve any bug issues. In this regard, the PTE Forum is an excellent way of correcting any problems. I don't think that you will find a more helpful forum on the web!

Please have faith in the Pictures To Exe program, it is much better than many of its competitors.

Regards,

Ron West

Hi Ave J,

I can only reiterate what has been said by others above. PTE and almost as importantly, the community frequenting this forum, offer an outstanding service. I would strongly urge you to upgrade to at least 6.5. The latest Beta 9 of version 7 appears to be getting close to its release stage so, given that you are not exactly new to PTE, I don't think you would regret upgrading to that. Go for it!

Regards

John

Hi,

As far as I know, all current versions of P2E work fin with Win 7 64.

The issues with installing the Video Builder key are not that common and are primarily caused from client anti-threat software which strips or corrupts the key. The issue isn't with PTE, it's with offending software which alters the file sent via email. The reason this is not reported as frequently with some other software is that many developers or distributors use third party clients who send a "link" for download versus using email. The downside of a link is that it can easily result in theft where emailing a key is less problematic. The other side is that their forums are carefully monitored and complaints are removed before the posts are made public. Wnsoft is quite up front and the forums help to resolve issues. I don't know of a single issue that has not been resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

There has been no "delay" on the part of Wnsoft in dealing with these problems, but many times their emails communications are lost in spam filters. Apparently, this happens more in some countries than in others for various reasons. The fact that reporting is allowed via the forums tends to emphasize the "problems" and you never hear from the multitudes of very satisfied customers who purchase, install and use PTE without issue.

In all, the number of "complaints" is quite low, and the number of happy customers is very high. You are drawing conclusions based on skewed evidence.

Best regards,

Lin

OK Thanks to all of you re the compatability question.

2 clarification points please.

A. If I install my copy of 5.6 on my new Win 7 O/S will the Video Builder key I hold still work ?

B. If I download 6.5 and buy a new Video Builder key now, will that key work with PtoEXE 7 when released ?

Thanks again .. much more confident now

Regards Ave

Guest Yachtsman1

Providing your system resources are sufficient to cope with the load of the up-graded PTE 6.5, it should.

However, I am waiting for the beta version to become finalised before I up-grade my 6.0.4 version.

Yachtsman1.

OK, Thanks to you all for your advice.

A decision has been made.

I will wait until the latest version of PtoExe is released from Beta and then buy the Video Builder key for it.

BUT FOR NOW I wish to install my copy of 5.6 De Luxe with the Video Builder licence I hold for it.

I am unsure how to do this on a new clean O/S.

Can anyone help with instructions .... in layman's terms please !

Regards Ave J

Thank you Ken

I think I have the correct keys.

The programme key is a notepad .txt file named Reg.

The Video Builder key is in a folder named UK-A2-37 VideoBuilder and when I open the folder it contains a Registration Entries (.reg) file called

UK-A2-37

It does not look like a long string as you show in a previous Forum Help posting.

"The same sequence as I used initially" is the problem. I am ashamed to say that I cannot remember it as it is lost in the mists of time now!

Can you please specify the correct proceedure for me.

Regards Ave

Ave,

If you rename the notepad .txt file to a .reg file and then double-click on the file name in Windows Explorer that should install the programme key. Double-click on the VideoBuilder .reg file should install that key. More recent versions of PTE have used a much shorter key and have packaged it differently to the very long text file form. But both forms of key are accepted by the current versions of PTE.

regards,

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

I run Windows 7 64bit version. All versions of PTE that I have will run i.e. 4.47, 5.5,. 6.0 and 7.0beta9 (all deLuxe).

Hi, Howard, and anyone else!

I am an old-time user of PTE, and used to frequent this forum a long time ago. I have not been active with PTE in ages, and have not been here in a long while.

I am in the process of migrating to Win7/64 and I am having a small bit of trouble doing so.

The last version of PTE that I used was 4.41. I never migrated to Version 5 because at the time I was using a PC that was not capable of the advanced effects featured in that version. While I would like to eventually migrate to the current version, I have many slideshows that were built using the older PTE versions and I want to maintain the capability of easily updating them. To do that, I would ideally like to make PTE 4.41 (or some version very close to that) work under Win7/64.

Unfortunately, PTE 4.41 doesn't seem to work under Win7/64!!! I've got beta versions from 4.30 on my PC, and those work perfectly. I've got 4.11 and that works perfectly. But NOT the version I used for years and years, 4.41. The symptom is that it simply doesn't start. Windows Task Manager shows a running process, but shows no running application.

SO:

Could somebody email me the .ZIP file used to create a PTE version close to but later than 4.41 that works on Win7/64 (4.47 sounds real good)? Alternatively, the actual PTE directory for such a release would be welcome instead of the .ZIP file.

I don't think that Igor will at all mind, since PTE is protected by his key system. (Hi, Igor, btw!)

Anyone?

Harold