WnSoft Forums

Lost waveform and video sound in PtoE 7

SheilaG

Hi,

Help!!

I've downloaded and am using version 7 (currently beta 12) and have found 2 problems that I can't find mentioned elsewhere.

1. I have lost my waveform display on the timeline in the main window and I can't find any button or option to restore it!

I really miss it ............... has it gone forever or am I just not seeing something?

and

2. I have no experience of video, at all, so this may be trivial or it might not!

I've imported a short video clip (just to try it out) into the O&A window ........... no problem.

It accepts animation with no problems.

However, it refuses to run, and the computer crashes every time, unless the 'mute audio' option is checked.

In other words, it works but only if I lose the sound.

This isn't particularly important, to me, just wondered if the problem lay with the camera or the conversion when downloading.

If I add a background soundtrack, either to the whole project or the individual slide, then it runs with no problem.

The video camera I used is a 3 year old Samsung with relatively low resolution and spec. I downloaded the clip, onto the PC, from the camera through it's own software. The clip runs with sound through the PC.

Regards,

Sheila G

Hi Dave,

THANK YOU!!

All is now well with my waveform!

I was hoping that it was something simple that I was just missing.

Sheila

Dave,

That solution you gave Sheila doesn't make sense to me - even though it worked. How can moving a vertical separator in the PTE main window influence the horizontal area of the PTE main window? To me that's a "does not compute"!

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I suspect there is a bug which has been around since 6.5 at least. On earlier versions such as 6.5 the "waveform" icon was on the bottom right but has been moved in the new beta versions to above the waveform display. When you drag the screen to the left with the vertical bar, it eventually actually "obscures" several of the icons including the waveform on or off icon. It obscured icons in the earlier versions too, but not the waveform icon which was located in a different position.

I don't think that the display bar "should" move with the vertical line but they should remain separate displays.

Best regards,

Lin

Dave,

That solution you gave Sheila doesn't make sense to me - even though it worked. How can moving a vertical separator in the PTE main window influence the horizontal area of the PTE main window? To me that's a "does not compute"!

regards,

Peter

Peter / Lin,

I won't debate whether it is a bug or not but it has always been the case back as far as V4.

I have always know about this - it might even have been Igor who gave the solution as described above.

In certain views moving the vertical bar causes this effect - I won't call it an error.

DG

As far as I can see ... this is not a bug or error. This is attributed to having adjustable panels within a adjustable window. There is always going to be some amount of overlap. The only way to resolve the overlap is limit the panel adjustment ... in this particular case increase the set minimum width of the File List panel so it cannot be overlaped by the Mini Player panel which is covering the other function buttons . It all ends up being a give and take situation.

Hi,

I've uploaded a short, unedited video clip from the camera, to Dropbox and pasted the url into a PM to you, the subject of which is 'Forum message re lost video sound'

Hope it's of use to you.

Regards,

Sheila G