WnSoft Forums

Video Converter in PTE

Ronniebootwest

We didn't finish an integration of the video converter with PicturesToExe yet.

The following Beta 17 will have complete solution. The program will detect heavy video files (H.264 and size 1280x720 and larger) and recommends automatically optimize (convert) them.

Beta 17 has a full integration with the video converter.

When you add a heavy video file (H.264 codec at 1280x720p and larger), PicturesToExe will suggest optimize this video file. Converted file will be automatically attached to the project.

Igor, please ...

If I choose Optimize the video, the converter starts, in the background, without being able to choose the parameters (quality, duration, etc)...

French (Si je choisis l'option Optimiser la vidéo, le convertisseur démarre, en arrière-plan, sans laisser la possibilité de choisir les paramètres, qualité, durée, etc)...

This designed to make simple the optimization of video clips.

You can choose any of these two ways:

1. Add video clip for the optimization and when pause conversion. Now you can change necessary parameters.

2. Add video clips to the Slide list. Discard optimization. Click right mouse button to show the popup menu. Choose "Convert video clip". Video converter will be launched. After conversion PicturesToExe will replaced the completed video file.

• 4 weeks later...

Beta 17 has a full integration with the video converter.

When you add a heavy video file (H.264 codec at 1280x720p and larger), PicturesToExe will suggest optimize this video file. Converted file will be automatically attached to the project.

=====================

Greetings,

I am creating a new PTE 7.0 slideshow. I am adding a video segment from my Nikon D7000, which produces .MOV video files.

One of the original .MOV video segments is 55 Mbs. I converted it to an .MP4 file using Freemake Video Converter. The file size went down to 10 Mbs.

Then I inserted this 10 Mb file into PTE and the Converter came up. So I said 'yes' to it and it created a .AVI file but it ballooned up to 30 Mbs.

So my question is, is there any advantage to using the Converter when it actually increases the size my video file? Is there any advantage using the Converter's AVI file than using the MP4 video file?

Thanks...

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I never got any bites on my question below about using the Converter. I want to revive the question to see if anyone might respond to it.

Gary

-------------------------------------

=====================

Greetings,

I am creating a new PTE 7.0 slideshow. I am adding a video segment from my Nikon D7000, which produces .MOV video files.

One of the original .MOV video segments is 55 Mbs. I converted it to an .MP4 file using Freemake Video Converter. The file size went down to 10 Mbs.

Then I inserted this 10 Mb file into PTE and the Converter came up. So I said 'yes' to it and it created a .AVI file but it ballooned up to 30 Mbs.

So my question is, is there any advantage to using the Converter when it actually increases the size my video file? Is there any advantage using the Converter's AVI file than using the MP4 video file?

Thanks...

Gary

Greetings,

I never got any bites on my question below about using the Converter. I want to revive the question to see if anyone might respond to it.

Gary

-------------------------------------

MP4 (H.264) is a high compression filetype, which needs much more powerful CPU and/or graphics-card to decode than lesser compression and complex formats like MPEG2 and others. I would assume that WnSoft uses a easy decodable format (or less compression in H.264) for the converted AVI to avoid decoding performance problems as much as possible. The tradeoff is higher filesize.

Regards, Frank