WnSoft Forums

Actions on Mouse Click

Igor

Now that PTE can record sound comments, I was wondering if this idea might appeal to you.

I would like to create a hotspot on an image, that when clicked will play a sound comment. This would be very good for when PTE is used for instructional or tutorial projects. I can create a hot spot now using a PNG file, but I would have to link that to an mp3 (via Run Application or open a file). The Mp3 would then open in WMP. I wonder what it would take to add a sound comment from the actions on mouse click. Then, as you select that option, a browse window would open so that the relavent sound comment could be selected.

Hi Barry,

Good suggestion. By the way, you don't need to use a png file to make a "hotspot." you can just use a "frame" and set the size and position by drag and the opacity is automatically zero.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor

Now that PTE can record sound comments, I was wondering if this idea might appeal to you.

I would like to create a hotspot on an image, that when clicked will play a sound comment. This would be very good for when PTE is used for instructional or tutorial projects. I can create a hot spot now using a PNG file, but I would have to link that to an mp3 (via Run Application or open a file). The Mp3 would then open in WMP. I wonder what it would take to add a sound comment from the actions on mouse click. Then, as you select that option, a browse window would open so that the relavent sound comment could be selected.

Lin

I am aware of that, but you really need a Png for the purpose I have in mind, because the viewer needs to be able to see where to click to get the info. As far as I am aware you can't add a line around the edge of a frame. On a PTE screen for example, I am unlikely to add information to cover absolutely every option that is abailable. So, what I had in mind was something that highlights only what is available to the viewer and therefore holds information.

I can do this with WMP, but then that is another program that pops up and while simple to some, it will require explanation for others and probably cause issues with file associations too. If the option was included in PTE to link to sound files, it would be a one screen self contained slide show. Simple to make and easy to use

Xaver

There is almost always a work around and I already thought of that, but it adds a number of related files and you only need a problem with one and the whole thing is spoilt

As the thread is suggestions for the future it seems to me a way to add even more appeal to PTE. Allowing a border to be added to a frame would go along nicely with my first suggestion too.