WnSoft Forums

Length of Video Clip

neilj

I am having trouble with a video clip made in windows movie maker, wma format. The length of the clip is 17 seconds. When I add the clip to the timeline in PTE7 the length of the clip is shown as 12.8 seconds. What appears to have happened is that only the first 12.8 secomds of the clip have actually been added to the timeline (when played the clip ends prematurely) and no matter what I try I do not seem to be able to add the complete clip.

I wondered if there was a format problem, so I used the video convertor to convert the clip to the PTE format. Only the first 12.8 seconds of the clip was converted.

Can anybody explain what is happening here.

Neilj

Until someone who has greater knowledge of adding video chips in......

....could you tell us what your options are set to for View>Advanced Options>Show Full Slide Duration and Keep Full Slide Duration?

They should both be ticked.

DG

P.S. Have you tried a different video?

Show full slide duration and keep full slide duration............. both ticked.

And here is a little more background information. The clip is a timelapse made from 300 individual frames. I have several versions made with three different programmes and have a converted version of each (PTE video convertor). The first, made with Quck Time Pro , is very jerky when added to PTE. The second, made with Quick Time Pro then converted in PTE video convertor plays perfectly but displays banding in the sky. Both of these play for the full clip duration.

The third and fourth I described in my first post. Both play with good quality and no obvious defects except for the time reduction.

I still need time to test the remaining version made with cyberlink power director.

Neilj

Neilj,

I also had problems with a wmv video file.

I have a wmv video file with a playback time (maturity) of 36,000.

The PTE-videoconverter however changes the time to 31,865.

So I miss the final seconds of the video.

What to do?)

The answer of Igor was:

'We tested original WMV file and I confirm this problem.

Regrettably we can't quickly solve it. Current version of the video decoder we're using in PicturesToExe has this problem with WMV files. The new version of the decoder works fine, but it was released only two weeks ago and we don't have time to fully re-test all range of video files with it. We plan use the new version in the next version 7.5.'

Frans

Peter,

Yes, thanks, I am working in that direction. But with so many possible video formats and conversion softwares to choose from the results vary considerably in the quality of the final video. I make all my shows at 1920 x 1080 resolution so I am trying to find a workflow that results in a video that is as near as possible to the still images. Some reduction in quality is acceptable because viewers watch the movement in video rather stare at the pixels, but in a transition from a single still image into a DSLR video which was filmed immediately after the still image a large drop in quality would still be noticeable.

I will continue to post any further findings.

Neilj