WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #3

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,4 Mb)

What's new in beta #3:

* Fixed two old bugs in Visual editor of objects which caused show of error messages.

* Improved stability of AVI video output and added correct FPS for NTSC.

+ Added support for 32-bit .bmp images with alpha channel (for use in objects).

Support of alpha bitmaps can be interesting thing for advanced users. It's necessary to have graphical editor with support of 32-bit bmp images (Adobe Photoshop doesn't contain this support for BMP images) to create such BMP files.

Try to add these two test 32-bit bmp images as objects onto slide:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/AlphaBitmaps.zip (149 Kb)

(32-bit BMP image can has any form, be partially semi-transparent, has shadow and has anti-aliased (smooth) edges. But it's not so easy to create such bmp image in graphical editor!)

To Dana:

Please try this beta with Pinnacle StudioDV for NTSC output.

p.s. we're still working to get work Ulead DVD MovieFactory2 with interlaced AVI files. Please wait.

My #1 issue is not resolved by this new beta - a thick, black border appears when I use my 800x600 images. This border is there in the AVI file for custom, VCD, SVCD and DVD output.

Igor, are you reading this beta testing feedback? Is this the correct place to post feedback?

I'd really like to know if you can/intend to address this because as it stands I will be unable to use the

new AVI feature.

Ray

Thanks Andreas,

This does solve the problem and I'm sure it will be useful for others to know. My original pte file used full screen mode, and I never would have thought that that's all I needed to do!!

Now my #2 issue... when I specify a custom avi with output size 200x150, that's what I get in the AVI

file, but the size of that file (in Megabytes) is still the same as with my 800x600 AVI file. I'd like (and expect)

it to be much smaller - mathematically I'd expect a file of about 1/16th the size. Is this a bug? Or do I have

to individually resize all my original images to 200x150?

Ray

Igor:

Thanks for fixing (in 4.20 Beta 3) the "hang up" when someone puts in an invalid action in an OBJECT.

Muchly appreciated by those like me that make errors at times. ;)

Ken, our server is located in Chicago :)

Just it's possible to confuse two different versions because they both have same file name!

Ray,

I'm sorry if I've missed many questions during past time!

I recommend you to set "Fit to screen" option (Project options | Screen tab) also you can set "90%" of screen (if you'd like to have border) and your pictures will look similar in different screen resolutions.

Ray,

I'm sorry if I've missed many questions during past time!

I recommend you to set "Fit to screen" option (Project options | Screen tab) also you can set "90%" of screen (if you'd like to have border) and your pictures will look similar in different screen resolutions.

Igor,

See above - I (actually Andreas) fixed the border problem. My big issue now is that all AVI files are the same size independent of the frame size I set in custom AVI option. Is this something you can/will fix?

Ray