WnSoft Forums

Making opacity an inherited attribute

fh1805

I have raised this subject in the past, as a request for a feature change in PTE. I have also noted that, in another topic recently, it was stated that opacity was not inherited by the child of a parent. The preceding statement is true. But...

If you want to fade out a complex cluster of objects with one simple and easy fade operation, it can be done, as I have just discovered by accident. Place the cluster of objects inside a Mask Container. I used the PTE default rectangle as the mask image. Then fade out the Mask Container. This will fade out its contents - opacity is inherited! For those of us who build complex animated structures, this technique could be a great time saver and will open up new creative opportunities.

regards,

Peter

Please look on the attached illustration.

1. The best way to inherit the opacity is to use a mask container. Thanks, Peter.

2. In theory we can add the option to inherit the opacity automatically for child objects. But it will bring a visual problem as shown on the illustration.

post-1-0-96605300-1325939091_thumb.png

Hi Peter,

If you were following the recent discussion of PTE for historical slideshows, we just covered the use of the mask to fade text and background simultaneously.... # 29 on my AV Tutorials.......

http://www.picturest...s-for-upgrades/

Best regards,

Lin