WnSoft Forums

Clone several keypoints at same time?

tc_leeds

Does anyone know if it is possible to clone several keypoints together. Perhaps it would make it clearer if I say I would like to keep a clock pendulum on screen ticking to a regular beat. Therefore, once I have set up say half-a-dozen keypoints it would be very useful to copy and paste them for the duration the ticking of the clock which could be on screen for a couple of minutes or more. I know it is possible to clone individual keypoints but can't seem to find a way to clone more than one at a time.

Hope that makes sense.

TC

Hi Peter,

For a "clock" type animation, the position of the hands would then need to be modified at each keyframe. In the past, I have created a clock which ran for an extended period by doing something similar, but there is still a lot of manual work which must be done. It would be a great feature if we could just copy and paste keyframes using the hold down CTRL key Windows Copy feature, but that is disabled in PTE on the timeline.

Best regards,

Lin

Is copying the whole image and using a "Quick" transition an option?

Peter

I've been asking for this feature for years but Igor won't bite. Maybe with the focus on video for version 7, he might now get back to the desires of us users working with stills and multiple key points. This feature would make things soooo much easier.

Greg Gordon

Hi Greg,

Another feature which would really be useful, at least for some animations, is the ability to not only "clone" multiple keyframes simultaneously, but also "reverse" them. I found it quite tedious, for example, when making the venetian blind animation to have to copy/paste hundreds of keypoints in reverse their order. After creating all the keyframes to "raise" the blinds, I needed these same keyframe in reverse order to "close" the blinds. It was copy/paste, copy/paste, etc., one at a time for pull cords (3), pull handles (3), blind slats (15) and each had settings for pan, zoom, rotate and 3D transforms.... It would have saved hours of tedious work if I could have copied the entire set, reversed and pasted. Likewise for any animation where things open and close - doors, windows, levers, switches, etc.

Lin

I've been asking for this feature for years but Igor won't bite. Maybe with the focus on video for version 7, he might now get back to the desires of us users working with stills and multiple key points. This feature would make things soooo much easier.

Greg Gordon

Lin -

Your animation is much more complex than anything I do however, it's so frustrating when I have an object with multiple key frames - say 4 or 5, and I have each frame set for an action along with specific timing, and then there is a need to move the object's actions back or forward along the timeline in the "objects and animation" window. When you move the frames one at a time, the timing gets screwed up and you have to redo it. Now, if we were able to click on the first key frame and then "shift" click on the last key frame to highlight them all, you could move them all together and the timing would remain intact. I'm always having to adjust key frames as I often will have 3-5 objects (images) on one slide and they all have to have their own key frame sets for individual actions. Igor seems so wrapped up in video, I feel he's losing sight of what PTE is/was all about - manipulating stills.

Greg