WnSoft Forums

along the coast

coopernatural

All,

‘Along the coast.’ Weighing in around 27mb and lasting, (if the esc button isn’t hit) about 3min 17 seconds.

Featuring, no clever animation, special effects, soothing tinkling piano music, voice over,

picture postcard images, bare naked ladies, Google, start, middle and end, story, Video etc.

It’s just a loose/random collective of images,set to some offbeat ambient music.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vjc40r9ou9j8l1n

Davy.

DAVY

glad to see you have came out of hibernation and your photographic juices have come to life - amazing what nature has done to the formations of rock - enough back slapping 'tho :blink:

would liked to have manual control and the music could have been a little more cheerful to match the freshness of your scenes B)

glad to see you back mate

ken

Ken,

Started out just taking pictures of rock/textures.My old geology teacher would have approved.

Didn’t quite float my boat though,so coupled rocks with other shots.

I wanted something different for this,music wise. Granted,not everybody’s cup of tea,but it is a quirky sort of a collection.

Want to keep my really nice music for a back slapping AV. :)

You know how it is.

Cheers,

Davy

Davy,

Amazing what nature can produce along a stretch of beach. A good collection of pictures with as you say, some good textures.

Agree with Ken, music in my opinion could have been a bit lively, otherwise a good AV.

Thanks for sharing,

Colin

As a random set of images [ which are pretty good photographically ] and some offbeat ambient music - no clever animation, special effects, soothing tinkling piano music, voice over,

picture postcard images, bare naked ladies, Google, start, middle and end, story, Video etc Its not bad at all.

Andrew

Davy,

The choice of music is always a subjective, personal decision. I didn't find that your choice detracted from the sequence in any way - but it wouldn't have been my choice. I'm not sure what my choice would have been as I don't take this kind of subject. I don't have the right kind of "seeing eye" when I'm out with my camera. I wish I did, because I just love shape and texture imagery. Thanks for sharing - and for inspiring me to keep looking until I do see.

Peter

Davy

I loved the atmosphere created by this sequence. A steady flow off textures, complimented by touches of reality, and to my ear enhanced by the music. A keeper as Ken has often said. What and by whom was the music?

Geoff

Peter,

I am enjoying getting out with the camera nowadays. I too have difficulties with seeing what comes naturally

to those gifted photographers. Talking to a die hard film photographer,I could see his point about making each shot count.

With digital cameras and huge capacity memory cards we can snap all day,but often just end up with a large collection of snaps.

I know I do.

Thanks for watching and your feedback

Geoff,

It was interesting putting this AV together. Everybody knows thats were the fun bit is.

I tried a couple of pieces of more traditional music,but thought this was was different enough to be 'different',

but not totally out there.

The music was on one of those large compilation box sets of chillout music. The artist was Paul Schutze and the track was 'Sleep 2'.

Glad the sequence worked for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

davy

Hi Davy,

Great shots that takes a good eye to spot and expert technique to reproduce - well done. The music was fine with me and worked well. With this type of A/V which is used as a platform to show off the photographs, I do not understand what is wrong with having KB control so we can really study the photos. If not this why such a short screen time 3-4 secs for most of the shots especially with the slow pace of the music? But thanks for sharing as I am trying to get more texture shots into my work and this is a useful inspiration.

All,

'Along the coast.' Weighing in around 27mb and lasting, (if the esc button isn't hit) about 3min 17 seconds.

Featuring, no clever animation, special effects, soothing tinkling piano music, voice over,

picture postcard images, bare naked ladies, Google, start, middle and end, story, Video etc.

It's just a loose/random collective of images,set to some offbeat ambient music.

http://www.mediafire...vjc40r9ou9j8l1n

Davy.

=========================

DavyC,

Very nice show; I liked the music. But...you took me on a trip and I did not where I was! How about some introductory text? After a while I recognized the rocks but I can not remember exactly where they are. More info in the slideshow, please. (Also, I'd prefer manual controls to be included)

Thanks... Gary

Gayland,

Thanks, and glad you liked the rock formations.

I missed out on so much more, but next time......

Hi Mick,

I just get used to ticking the same tabs for each show.

I do this when I turn off the navigation bar that I don't like much.

Will make sure to keep KB control in future. Timing was dictated by the music

and could well have been tweaked a bit better.

I think it was BB who had an excellent AV called I think, 'Natures Textiles'.

Thanks for the feedback Mick.

Gary,

These AVs are more just for my own fun. I can understand the need for some intro text and music credits,

but I chop and change so much,it might be a pain to do. I associate the text and credits with club

competitions, which is something that I avoid.

I will do text and credits for the next one, including KB control.....promise.

The photos are from Northern Ireland and mostly of the 'North Coast area' including The Giants Causeway.

I only took some small part of the sights on offer there.

Glad you watched and made useful comments.

Thanks to you all.

Davy