WnSoft Forums

PTE not compatible with Parallels Desktop ?

thedom

Hello,

I purchased a MacBook pro (last year model). I installed iOS X Lion.

I installed on my Mac the software "Parallels Desktop" to run a Windows 7 virtual machine.

I can run PTE. I can make .EXE files and run them on the Windows 7 VM.

I can make executables for Mac.

But when I copy them on my Mac Desktop and try to launch them, nothing happens :huh:

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Thank you for your help.

PS : I can run on my Mac executables made by others PTE users (bbdigital by example).

Hi Dom,

Yes there are 'issues' with Apple-Mac O/S Systems and Windows-7 and in particular with "Mac-Lion O/S"

and Parallels and Fusion 3/4 and over the past year there have been may discussions on the Forum about

such problems. However to make matters worse a very frustrating scenario has developed because many

Mac-users have enjoyed great success with Parallels & Fusion and others have experienced dismal failures

with the Systems ~ and the resultant "fall-out" has not yet identified a singular common reason for this.

Apple-Mac Corporation have identified problems and have issued an "in-depth" Report which also contains

very many Links to 'repair-procedures' applicable to the Lion-O/S and Parallels & Fusion 3/4 issues.

Here it is:-

http://www.macwindows.com/parallels.html

Furthermore many issues concern the successful intergration of Windows-7 on to the Mac-Lion O/S and this

seems to be a problem if its not properly installed in the necessary compatibility format suited to the Lion-O/S.

Here below is a "step-by-step" Instruction-set as to how it should be done:-

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/02/02/how-to-install-windows-7-in-os-x-using-parallels-desktop-a-complete-walkthrough/

Dom ~ I hope these Links are helpful and useful to you and others having these problems.

Brian.(Conflow)

Apple-Mac Corporation have identified problems and have issued an "in-depth" Report which also contains

very many Links to 'repair-procedures' applicable to the Lion-O/S and Parallels & Fusion 3/4 issues.

Here it is:-

http://www.macwindows.com/parallels.html

That site is not from Apple and he isnt having problems with Windows on a Mac, he's having problems with Mac PTE shows running on a Mac.

Dom, upload a show so other people can try it to see if it crashes.

Hi Dom,

Are you creating them with the "zip" option? I find that's the easiest way to send then to Mac Users. If not, try that.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello,

I purchased a MacBook pro (last year model). I installed iOS X Lion.

I installed on my Mac the software "Parallels Desktop" to run a Windows 7 virtual machine.

I can run PTE. I can make .EXE files and run them on the Windows 7 VM.

I can make executables for Mac.

But when I copy them on my Mac Desktop and try to launch them, nothing happens :huh:

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Thank you for your help.

PS : I can run on my Mac executables made by others PTE users (bbdigital by example).

Quote from Crossfade

"He's having problems with Mac PTE shows running on a Mac".

Sorry, there is no such thing as a "MAC-PTE Slideshow" ~ it doesnt exist.

We all know PTE are working on it but because of Software difficulties that

release-date is somewhere in the future.

For those who are interested in Mac-problems perhaps the "MacWorld-Forums"

may offer some help.(Link)

http://forums.macworld.com/

Conflow.

P.S.

Lins suggestion (above) to "Zip-it" is probably the only reliable

way to export the File without further complicating the issue here.

Sorry, there is no such thing as a "MAC-PTE Slideshow" ~ it doesnt exist.

We all know PTE are working on it but because of Software difficulties that

release-date is somewhere in the future.

PTE slideshows which run on Mac have existed for a while. I'm not talking about the entire PTE program.

For those who are interested in Mac-problems perhaps the "MacWorld-Forums"

may offer some help.(Link)

http://forums.macworld.com/

How will that help with PTE slideshows not working?

Crossfade,

Firstly, your words.."PTE-Slideshows not working"..they do work...but not always with MAC's !!

Secondly if I wish to help others with a 'Mac-Link' I shall do so without asking for your approval.

Finally...Stop fooling around with semantics and wasting Forum space ~ We can all play that Game.

Conflow.

Firstly, your words.."PTE-Slideshows not working"..they do work...but not always with MAC's !!

Secondly if I wish to help others with a 'Mac-Link' I shall do so without asking for your approval.

Where did you get the idea you need approval?

Finally...Stop fooling around with semantics and wasting Forum space ~ We can all play that Game.

I suggested thedom upload a slideshow to try to help figure out what the problem actually is. If you think thats wasting space then i dont know what to tell you.

Hi Dom,

If you will send me the PTE file, I'll make a Mac Show and send it back to you. If it works on your Mac, then compare the files one at a time with the one you created until you find either one missing or somehow "different" from what is created by your own system. Obviously, something is slightly different if your system will play creations from someone else's native MacIntosh exe files, but not from your own.

Best regards,

Lin

Really ?!? Hmmmm, strange.

Thank you for letting me know.

DOM,

You wrote...

I can run PTE. I can make .EXE files and run them on the Windows 7 VM.............Thats understood

I can make executables for Mac.........................................................................Thats understood

When I copy them on my Mac Desktop and try to launch them, nothing happens....I have a Question ?

Question

Do you mean the Win7-Slideshow and the Mac-Slideshow will not launch/Play from your Mac-Desktop ?

Brian.(Conflow)

DOM,

You wrote...

I can run PTE. I can make .EXE files and run them on the Windows 7 VM.............Thats understood

I can make executables for Mac.........................................................................Thats understood

When I copy them on my Mac Desktop and try to launch them, nothing happens....I have a Question ?

Question

Do you mean the Win7-Slideshow and the Mac-Slideshow will not launch/Play from your Mac-Desktop ?

Brian.(Conflow)

I CAN lauch Win7-Slideshow.

I CAN NOT launch Mac-Slideshow.

BUT

I try again to launch the Mac-Slideshow I posted above and now... it runs!

But I have no music. Could you please tell me if you do have music... or not ?

Thanks.

Hi Dom,

If you will send me the PTE file, I'll make a Mac Show and send it back to you. If it works on your Mac, then compare the files one at a time with the one you created until you find either one missing or somehow "different" from what is created by your own system. Obviously, something is slightly different if your system will play creations from someone else's native MacIntosh exe files, but not from your own.

Best regards,

Lin

Good idea, thank you very much Lin!

I am not home right now but I will send the project to you in the afternoon (in about 10 hours)

I have similar set up to you. Macbook Pro with Parallels so interested in this as I am about to start using it for creation of sequences.

I downloaded your show a few minutes ago and it runs on the MAC but with NO SOUND.

John