WnSoft Forums

PTE not compatible with Parallels Desktop ?

thedom

HI,

i made a small test sequence on my desktop PC and saved it in a Zip folder, transferred it via a stick to my Macbook Pro and it works when opened. You may wish to try.

John

TEST FOR MAC FROM PC DESKTOP.zip

Thanks John!

It plays fine with sound on my Mac.

What is your configuration please (hardware and software) ?

Thank you.

Hi Dom,

I compiled it in zipped Mac format so you can compare with what your machine makes....

http://www.lin-evans.org/dom/mactest.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks John!

It plays fine with sound on my Mac.

What is your configuration please (hardware and software) ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Just so that we are totally clear. As I said I produced this test on my PC and transferred it to the MAC. I did NOT use Parallels to produce it - I have yet to load PTE to the MAC (Parallels). My experience with Parallels so far has been limited due to initial lack of confidence with its stability. I am, now that I am getting to grips with the MAC, keen to explore the Parallels options more seriously hence my interest in your endeavours. If I can get it to work smoothly then I would gladly ditch the PC.

The PC configuration is :-

Packard Bell DESKTOP

Windows 7 64

3.2GHz i5

4GB RAM

The MAC configuration is :-

MacBook Pro

OS X 10.7.3

2.53 GHz i5

8GB DDR3

Hope this helps.

John

PS - I'm not technical so what I have to say may sound naive.

I am led to believe that under Parallels there is limited access to the graphics memory of the MacBook (motherboard and separate card). If this is the case then viewing a PC PTE sequence could be compromised. It may be acceptable for sequence construction but may may not be so for viewing a PC PTE sequence. Presumably a MAC PTE sequence will have access to the full graphics capability of the MAC.

Perhaps you can confirm your understanding of this.

Leading on from this I wonder whether using Bootcamp one has access to the full graphics?

I compiled it in zipped Mac format so you can compare with what your machine makes....

It works but no sound, just like Dom's.

I am led to believe that under Parallels there is limited access to the graphics memory of the MacBook (motherboard and separate card). If this is the case then viewing a PC PTE sequence could be compromised. It may be acceptable for sequence construction but may may not be so for viewing a PC PTE sequence. Presumably a MAC PTE sequence will have access to the full graphics capability of the MAC.

Perhaps you can confirm your understanding of this.

Leading on from this I wonder whether using Bootcamp one has access to the full graphics?

Parallels and Bootcamp have full access to the hardware.