WnSoft Forums

Altiplano

Aginum

Hi Jean- Charles,

I agree with Maureen about your photography and particularly the subtle pans and zooms, a lesson for all of us as to how it should be done. Personally, I think they would have been more effective had there been fewer of them. I feel pans and zooms are a great way of emphasizing a particular viewpoint and in this case, less is more.

Jean-Charles,

Another fantastic show! Thank you for sharing it. Outstanding photography, appropriate music and a well put-together show. I had never heard of this area and had to go look it up on Google. How lucky you are to have been able to visit such an amazing place. This is another show I will keep and add to my collection of shows created by you. I look at all of them periodically for inspiration.

Aginum

Stunning show, great photography, amazing locations. I really like those animated steam effects, they set the scene and add to the overall interest.

I am also a fan of the subtle pan and zoom effect, however I think yours could have been made slightly more subtle, I found them almost bordering into a distraction.

I am saying this because this is a really good slide show. It has so much going for it, that I feel it would be well worth just making a few very small adjustments, just to allow the viewer to focus on the quality of the images.

Good choice of music, perfect timing, great job.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

A very fine show, as usual! I, myself, like the animation, but I respect morturn's remark.

A few remarks: Choosing the soundtrack of a famous film is always a bit critical. For people who have seen "Home" several times this may draw off their attention. I think that (in the beginning of the show) the voice has some clipping. Regarding the credits: The composer of the song seems to be Antonio Vivaldi (

). I would like to see your name in the credits :)

Best regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Xavier.

It is becomming more & more of a problem using copyright music in a show. The Copyright police are everywhere. In a couple of the shows I posted recently that contained popular copyright pieces I have used a pseudonym to try to thwart them. I also just use the title of the piece & not the composer, which I believe is the rule in the UK.

Yachtsman1.

Phil, no, I certainly disagree with you on this one, and in fear of hijacking a topic, you can get a technical as you like, but as far as I am concerned, some common sense should prevail.

By all means, people who are duplicating music CD's or providing downloads and selling it on, or are making other financial gains are thieves.

The people who produce these AV slideshows, both here and on other sites are people who are engaging in a leisure activity for sheer pleasure, and no one should be shot through the lungs or branded a thief for that.

I find these so called 'copyright police' are a bigger bunch of crooks than the amateur who posts an AV show. Theses crooks are just out to grab easy money, hiding behind the 'copy right banner', and don't want to put the work in for it.

Please do not remind me of the poor struggling musician, poor struggling musician are what they are; poor musicians. If I do a job, I get paid once, I don't expect to be paid every day afterwards for the rest of my life. If I do a crap job, then I don't get paid at all; yet the stupid copy right laws and copy right police seem to think they should.

When you read the mind mangling copy right legislation, you will find that it is almost impossible to comply, we may as well, un-invent music.

Fortunately YouTube has, at last, come to a common sense agreement with most of the record companies. You post a film or slideshow with copy right material in it, the artist get a credit, and a link to iTunes to buy the track, should they so wish. Easy, no one get branded a thief, the artist get air time.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hang 'em high :ph34r:

Xaver

You are now supposed to be a MODERATOR not a S**T S*****R. This the second time your have breached the role of moderator in posts I have been involved with since your appointment. What WNsoft were thinking of when it was decided to appoint you I don't know, bad decision Wnsoft.

Yachtsman1.

Aginum,

A superb AV. The photos enhanced with your treatment and presentation.

Davy :)

If anybody is wondering where that naughty little bear Phil went to.

He magically reappeared on the Wizard of OZ forum,where he proceeded to offer the following advice to one of the members there.

‘Should it transpire that you can't get an answer here, there is a very active Pictures to Exe Forum where most problems seem to get sorted out.

Unfortunately, there is a degree of "You tell me how nice my show is, then I'll do the same for you"

and a certain amount of boys talking about their latest photographic jewellery which you may have to trawl through.

But among the dross/trivia is a lot of very helpful information. Be warned though that if you seek help there,

about the first thing which will be suggested is that you get the current (v7.0.5) version.’

What a helpful little bear.

Now this really IS a stunning a/v with such subtle pans and zooms and great photography.

Jean-Charles, I have kept everyone of your a/vs and view them regularly. Really wonderful work.

Maureen

Jean-Charles,

As Maureen has stated, stunning.

I also love the way you have panned and zoomed and they made my eyes wander to look at every detail of what was on the screen before me.

And also like Maureen I keep all of your sequences.

This world we live in is a beautiful place and you took me to somewhere absolutely beautiful.

Superb

Ralph