WnSoft Forums

VIDEO and AUDIO not at same speed

orizaba

Starting working with video (PTE 7.0.5), a video clip 1920x1080 (with audio) 01:38 long (MP4 / 29,97 fps) when I run it on VLC both video/audio end at same time (sync).

Runing on PTE, video runs aprox at double speed, audio runs ok till the end.

Last video frame freezes... waiting for the audio to end!

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Source of video?

Send SHORT CLIP showing symptoms to Igor. (Upload to MediaFire etc and send Igor the link).

Ask him to check it out.

Alternatively post link here so that someone can try it.

DG

Thanks.

File is 25235 KB, was downloaded from Youtube using DAP Premium v9.7.0.7

Link is

I used it on PTE 7.0.5 as it is, not converted.

I just made a new PTE project using only this file where we can see video running too fast and ending about half way of audio (last video frame freezing while audio playing till the end).

I attach EXE zip file for PC.

I attach 2 more files from MediaInfo v0.7.57

As I said before, running the file on VLC or NERO MEDIA HUB, video speed is correct.

post-6554-0-66723900-1336919423_thumb.jp

post-6554-0-45328500-1336919439_thumb.jp

Not Sync.zip

Orizaba,

Can you try changing the audio on the video from variable bit rate to constant bit rate.

If that won't work,try copying the audio only and insert that as an audio track into your project.

Make sure to mute sound on the video.

An unrelated item.

I recently asked people on the forum to vote for their favourite AV and your 'One Day in August' got a mention.

It's in the AV downloads section. 'The best ever AV.It's your call'

Davy

Orizaba,

I have just come across your #1 and #3 Posts above and found them interesting as I have a few friends

in Bavaria who keep sending me Clips & Photos made on their iPhones, iPads and iTunes/Video-Media

and god knows what!!!

I think I know what your problem is and have done a little investigation and posted some Screen-Shots

for you. Essentially you are trying to import Apple-Media into the Windows-PTE Slideshow Program

or run it on a Windows-PC or Virtual-Win.PC.

I know from past experience (above) that it simply does not work as Apple iTunes for example uses the

.mp4/.m4v Video-Format as distinct from Mp4-Format. To view those Files on Win-Player it must have the

Codec.mp42~mp43 installed ~ alternatively use Quicktime-Player or a good Universal-Player.

Viewing those Files on Windows-Player is very misleading as one would assume they can be imported

into the PTE-Slideshow. They 'try to work' but the timing-format is essentially Apple not Windows but if

you convert them with any good MOV-AVI Converter or Zune-Converter then they will work properly but

your File-sizes will increase. Converting to .Asf, Wmv, Avi all work well and I have tested those...(Shots).

Brian.(Conflow)

P.S

(Dont know if you are using a Windows-PC or an Apple-Mac)

... Can you try changing the audio on the video from variable bit rate to constant bit rate.

If that won't work,try copying the audio only and insert that as an audio track into your project.

Make sure to mute sound on the video ...

The said video shows the same behavior on my system, and I don't believe that the audio part is to blame. I produced a video copy in which I replaced the AAC-audio by MP3 with CBR, then a video copy without any audio (while keeping the MP4 container). Inside PTE I saw similar problems (video runs too fast). Replacing (inside the MP4-container) the original video codec AVC by XVID seems to give a better solution, even when keeping AAC with a variable bitrate.

I don't believe that the whole story depends on any kind of fruit :)

Regards,

Xaver

Orizaba,

I have just come across your #1 and #3 Posts above and found them interesting as I have a few friends

in Bavaria who keep sending me Clips & Photos made on their iPhones, iPads and iTunes/Video-Media

and god knows what!!!

I think I know what your problem is and have done a little investigation and posted some Screen-Shots

for you. Essentially you are trying to import Apple-Media into the Windows-PTE Slideshow Program

or run it on a Windows-PC or Virtual-Win.PC.

I know from past experience (above) that it simply does not work as Apple iTunes for example uses the

.mp4/.m4v Video-Format as distinct from Mp4-Format. To view those Files on Win-Player it must have the

Codec.mp42~mp43 installed ~ alternatively use Quicktime-Player or a good Universal-Player.

Viewing those Files on Windows-Player is very misleading as one would assume they can be imported

into the PTE-Slideshow. They 'try to work' but the timing-format is essentially Apple not Windows but if

you convert them with any good MOV-AVI Converter or Zune-Converter then they will work properly but

your File-sizes will increase. Converting to .Asf, Wmv, Avi all work well and I have tested those...(Shots).

Brian.(Conflow)

P.S

(Dont know if you are using a Windows-PC or an Apple-Mac)

Brian,

Thanks very much for your explanations and all your trouble.

I quite understood, however, at the end, I would ask why movie files from DSLR Canon 5D MkII (MPEG-4 format, QuickTime format profile, codecID qt) run ok in PTE, no problem at all with video/audio sync? After all, they are QuickTime/Apple format, are they not?

I attach MediaInfo of such movie files from Canon.

I am using a Windows-PC (XP Pro SP3).

Jose

post-6554-0-64231600-1336996078_thumb.jp

Xaver,

My answer was based solely on information supplied in the original post,which indicated a frame rate of 29.97fps.

There are known issues with sync and vbr audio with some video programs.

The other suggestion I made,was to decouple unwanted interaction between the combined streams.

Tom found out about the increased frame rate discrepancy and Brian offered a solution for this.

I do appreciate your efforts in trying out,what was to be,a 'fruitless exercise' though. :)

Davy

... I do appreciate your efforts in trying out, what was to be, a 'fruitless exercise' though ...

This is a nice play with words, bravo. What about playing this kind of game in the German language.

I do not doubt that Brian provided a (local) solution by trans-coding the video. Sorry, but I regard his argument as odd. PTE uses FFMPEG, and it does not need any codecs to be installed on the Windows system. This player inside PTE should be in the position to read this kind of video correctly. If you use (as the program itself proposes) PTE's video converter the said video is trans-coded to an AVI which shows the same timing problems. This is not surprising, as the conversion is also done by FFMPEG.

I made another test: Leaving the video inavriant, I just changed the container format to MKV, an the video played correctly in PTE. For me, it is now the second time that the FFMPEG based player inside of PTE has timing problems in case of MP4 containers, while VLC (also using FFMPEG) runs the videos correctly.

Regards,

Xaver

BTW: Davy, I did allow myself to insert blanks behind your commas.

“This is a nice play with words, bravo. What about playing this kind of game in the German language?”

There is a Deutsch section in the forum. A little redundant yes,but even at that,

I am going to have to wade through my 9 disc box set of Michel Thomas Foundation German Course just to ask,about directions to the Oktoberfest.

I can’t answer for Brian or the vagaries of the PTE program. For that,you would have to contact the authors directly.

My only suggestion would be that you do so from the English side of the forum,where it will stand a fair chance of being read.

It is pleasing and reassuring to know that you continue to persevere with Teutonic rigour behind the scenes,in the furtherance of Igor’s creation.

I could have a listen to Michel Thomas tonight,or possibly just start the bottling process of 5 Gallons of Gewurztraminer.Decisions,Decisions. :)

BTW: Xaver, I did not bother trying to correct your omissions and typo errors.It’s a fairly pointless exercise,don’t you think?

Davy.

I confirm the problem with this MP4 video file. The problem exists in current version of ffmpeg video decoder that we use for PicturesToExe.

For the following version 7.5 we use the latest version of ffmpeg which plays correctly this MP4 video file.

Regrettably we can't update version 7.0 because it was very significant change which may affect to playback of other kinds of video files.