WnSoft Forums

Locking Sound to a specific slide

It would be really useful to be able to lock a specific sound file to a certain slide so that the synchronisation isnt changed from that point onwards if slide timings are changed or slides added/removed before that point.

Thanks

Joy

Barry,

Joy has had a discussion about this subject in a different topic. What she wants is to be able to "lock" her soundtrack and slides in such a way that, should she then want to add an extra slide (in her example it was a Title slide at the beginning) the soundtrack and the slides would move smartly right along timeline as a complete entity, thus preserving her carefully programmed synchronization.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Joy

If you select one of the images you have included in your slide show, either in the slide list or the Time Line, you can apply a sound comment to that one image via Add Sound or Voice from the top right of the main screen. You can apply any sound you like, music, commentary or a sound effect. The sound will only play when that image starts to appear on screen and if you move the image, the sound will stay with it.

In conjunction with that, look out for the setting in the Music Tab of the Project options. Look down at the bottom and tick the box that says Do not interrupt sound comments when next slide appears. If you don't tick the box and sound will abruptly end when the next slide starts to show and I can't think of any reason anyone would want that to happen.

Not wanting to diagree with "the master" the statement re ticking/unticking the DNISC box is incorrect in certain circumstances. This point has also been misinterpreted by PGA in another thread on the same subject. I regularly use the untick function when running a manual show, advancing slides manually. Admittedly this is in 7.5, but I haven't seen any changes listed in 7.6 by Igor. In my menu functions I select a track to cover the first 3 slides in length timewise, set advance show manually, un tick the DNISC box, add my track to the first blank slide via customise slide, in which the music tab has now appeared, the menu slide is then silent as the track has ended when I allow it to appear. I then customise the slide after the menu slide with a closing track in the same manner. The attached screen shot is WIP for a show at Christmas. I think it was Nobeefstu who pointed this out to me.

Yachtsman1. :ph34r:

post-5560-0-54903100-1341212286_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Not wanting to diagree with "the master" the statement re ticking/unticking the DNISC box is incorrect in certain circumstances. This point has also been misinterpreted by PGA in another thread on the same subject. I regularly use the untick function when running a manual show, advancing slides manually. Admittedly this is in 7.5, but I haven't seen any changes listed in 7.6 by Igor. In my menu functions I select a track to cover the first 3 slides in length timewise, set advance show manually, un tick the DNISC box, add my track to the first blank slide via customise slide, in which the music tab has now appeared, the menu slide is then silent as the track has ended when I allow it to appear. I then customise the slide after the menu slide with a closing track in the same manner. The attached screen shot is WIP for a show at Christmas. I think it was Nobeefstu who pointed this out to me.

Yachtsman1. :ph34r:

I thought I would download 7.6 to check if I could still use the method described above & got the following error message. Anyone any ideas? :(

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-24115600-1341213353_thumb.jp

Getting back to the subject at the start of the thread (started by me)

As far as I can see no one has really grasped what I want to achieve - may be I should have said that I want to be able to lock the start of a music track to a particular point in the slide show - it is not just a comment/sound for ONE slide which I would do as you have described. Peter has understood me correctly but no one has come up with a solution - that is why I posted it in the 'suggestions for next version' category. Thanks again for your time.

Joy

Getting back to the subject at the start of the thread (started by me)

As far as I can see no one has really grasped what I want to achieve - may be I should have said that I want to be able to lock the start of a music track to a particular point in the slide show - it is not just a comment/sound for ONE slide which I would do as you have described. Peter has understood me correctly but no one has come up with a solution - that is why I posted it in the 'suggestions for next version' category. Thanks again for your time.

Joy

============================

Joy,

I don't have an answer to how you can 'lock' the music track to one specific slide. But, when I want the music to start after a slide or two, etc., I just add a silent mpg just before the music. I usually have made a few 'silent' mpgs for this use. Some a few seconds, some longer. They are easily made in Audacity and can be adjusted to keep the music to start exactly where you want it to start. Or just make one for one second and keep adding or subtracting this 'silent' mpg until it sounds right.

Not an 'automatic' way but it will let you keep the music track starting where you want it to.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

I thought I would download 7.6 to check if I could still use the method described above & got the following error message. Anyone any ideas? :(

Yachtsman1.

Just back from a wet & windy Fleetwood, full of fish chips & mushy peas! :P

Tried again to download 7.06, this time ticked both the PTE & Video builder in the "associate" prompt (2 boxes to tick) (Joy did you do that?) & it downloaded OK. must be breaking my diet that inspired me :P

Checked if the customise slide MUSIC is still there & it is as I suspected it was. See attached screen shots.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-96475900-1341239540_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-31590700-1341239565_thumb.jp

Hi Joy,

By using the "offset" feature, you can lock the beginning of a music track to a particular "time" in your slideshow. If you change the show by adding images before that point, etc., then the track will not correspond to a particular "slide" but it will "start" at the identical "time" on the timeline each time you play the show.

There is no way other than attaching the audio file to a particular "slide" to keep it with that slide when you are changing or adding slides, changing the display times, etc., but you do have the ability to set an "absolute" start point in the timeline by using the offset feature.

Best regards,

Lin