WnSoft Forums

Audio Issue - Please help!

Redmond

Hello,

I'm using Pictures to Exe Deluxe 7 and I can play the music files no problem with the small screen while I'm making the slideshow but when I preview the show full screen the the music doesn't play anymore. It worked no problem when I was first getting started, but seems that as my project got larger then the audio in the preview mode stopped working. I created an AVI file and had pictures yes but no music. I created a HD video and same thing, no music.

My laptop is running windows 7.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with too many pan and zooms or transitions. Project is about 8 mins long. Anyone have any feedback? This is the first project I've done with this program so i'm a beginner and i'm on a major deadline.

Thanks very much for your help.

Xaver,

I added the music by going to Project Options - Then Music - Then clicking Add Music - and choosing an mp3 file from my computer. I customized it a little with the audio clip properties. Was that the correct way?

Ken,

Yes, when the show was complete I tried the preview button and everything works good except there is no sound in the preview. I have 3 different songs in the project and none of them work in the preview or after the finished file is created (they are all mp3s). All the songs work perfectly and sync great with the photos when I'm working on the project in the timeline or slide view.

Thanks for your help.

When I tick the "synchronize music and slides" box in the Project Options and Main tab, I can play the show with pictures and music perfect in the mini player still but when I click the Preview button I get a message pop up that says "When you use "synchronize music and slides" option, you can not use personal playlists of slides" Anyone know what that means? What is a personal playlist of slides and how to I avoid using it?

Hi Redmond,

That message suggests to me that you have, somewhere along the way, added a sound file to a specific slide by using the Add sound icon on the upper toolbar. You now need to step from slide to slide along the Slide List (using the right arrow key) whilst watching that icon. It should change when you encounter the slide (or slides) that have had sound attached directly. If you remove the offending sound file, or even delete and re-insert the offending slide, that should clear the problem.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter I'll go through them and hopefully find it.

DG - I did what you said and yes it does work with a new project even without converting the songs. I remember previewing it lots when I was first getting started and always the sound worked each time but after I got 50 or so photos and started adding more effects and transitions then I noticed I lost the sound.

Also I now figured out that I can preview full screen with the sound working fine if I right click on the mini player. It opens the full screen paused and then one left click to un pause and it works fine. Still not if I click the preview button though. So if I don't figure it out, I can always run the show at the wedding straight from Pictures to exe that way, less than ideal of course.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Redmond,

As Peter says the error message is most likely because you have a sound attached to a slide.

With the sound not playing in Preview mode I had a similar problem a while back at a workshop when helping a group make a sequence. Couldn't solve it at the time, but later at home checked the Windows sound mixer & found there was a slider for PicturesToExe & that was set at zero. How that happened I don't know, so the sound was playing just that its volume was zero so couldn't be heard. By increasing the volume on that slider all was well.

So have a look at your windows sound mixer. Right click on the little speaker icon in the task bar & open Volume Control.

I was running Vista on my laptop when it happened.

Hope this helps

Jill

I checked through each slide and there wasn't any audio files or clips or anything added to them. Oh well.

Jill, I checked with my sound mixer and yes the applications volume was actually turned off, so I turned it back up but unfortunately the problem is still there, it didn't change anything. That was a good idea though. Thanks.

I've now installed P2E on a different laptop and it's the same thing, so can't be my computer. I'm sure it has something to do with the aligning of the slides and the timed points. I was messing about with that and ended up getting sound for the very first slide only, then as soon as it hits slide 2, the sound stops. If I had time to start all over again I would.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas.

It works!

Managed to get it working by going through sections of slides and just deleting them, testing it and ctrl-Z to undo then moving on. It ended up being the very second slide, for some reason it was acting up. It was just a black slide with some text on it, nothing fancy, no strange boxes ticked or audio added, just a slide like all the rest. But when I deleted it and made a new one in it's place, it works perfect now. Very strange.

Well thank you all very much for your feedback and help.

Redmond :)

BIT OF ADVICE

PTE has a great reputation as to what it can do for experienced users

let this experience be a lesson to you -- your first entry you admitted you were a newbie working under a tight schedule

next time you wont commit till you are sure you can do it

at least you hung in there till the problem was resolved

as Hannibal used to say "great when a plan comes together" :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_%22Hannibal%22_Smith

ken