WnSoft Forums

Another problem with borders

fh1805

I am trying to change the size of a border that I had applied using PTE v7.0.6. The image file to which it is being applied is 1280x720 JPEG that has been zoomed to 48%. I've attached two screenshots showing what happens when I try and change border size. Screenshot #1 is the start point and screenshot #2 shows the end result. It changes the aspect ratio in a non-distortional way!

regards,

Peter

post-4886-0-75914900-1342515338_thumb.jp post-4886-0-32084100-1342515354_thumb.jp

Peter,

I gave up on the BORDER utility a long time ago - it is something that Igor could re-design at some stage.

What it does is put a border around the image (fixed pixel size) and then fits the whole thing (image and border) inside the frame (interpolating the original image downwards).

Example: 1280x720 becomes 1380x820 with an added 100 pixel border.

Do the math - the AR changes - 1380/820 does not equal 1280/720.

An exception to this is a SQUARE image when the AR is maintained.

I have been using PNG files for this purpose for a long time.

DG

Do the math - the AR changes - 1380/820 does not equal 1280/720.

Dave,

I don't deny that there will be small variations in the Aspect Ratio at the sizes of border I am using. But what I am seeing is a radical change to an abnormal aspect ratio.

Peter