WnSoft Forums

Pte Creating DVDs

Ray Groome

Ray:

I am not into DVD so I can't help.

But FYI there is another forum where the "DVD'ers" "hang-out", you could try posting there as well.

You will find it here: here

Igor

Thank you for your prompt response. I downloaded preb6 which makes reference to Pinnacle Studio but I am afraid it did not solve the flickering problem which seems to be confined to the narrow white border above and below each image.

I did not understand the reference to 'Field A first 'in the AVI dialog box. Perhaps I am still missing a trick!

Ray Groome

After further experimentation I am pleased to report that I have now solved the flutter problem. As this occurred in the narrow white border at the top and bottom of each picture I decided to eliminate the white border. Unfortunately there is no obvious way of doing this so I changed the black background to white, thus hiding the border. Bingo- the flutter completely disappeared. The white background is not ideal, but it is better than having the distracting flutter.

Presumably the narrow white border was interacting with the horizontal lines in the TV and causing an instability. Perhaps the white border should be wider to avoid this problem?

Ray Groome (UK)

Hi Ray

Flicker on thin horizontal lines is an inherent problem with video caused by the interlaced nature of video. It can be reduced by, as you surmised, making the lines thicker. Moving the line up or down by a pixel may sometimes reduce the flicker.

The best cure is to avoid sharp horizontal lines altogether.