WnSoft Forums

Colours too red in PTE but OK in CS5

Ian Cartwright

Hi Dave,

Will do as you suggest, but don't know where to find colour settings. Edit file opens the image in Photoshop where it looks fine. Help appreciated.

Ian

Check the metadata for the image and ensure it is set for sRGB. There is another thread in this forum with a similar problem and they found their images were unspecified.

Colin

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I was looking for something I did wrong or haven't done in PTE and you are wanting me to check the original image in Photoshop. It has sRGB assigned. sRGB is my normal working space. I have attached a word document with both screenshots for comparison.

I seem to recall coming across a desaturate the images option in PTE some time ago, but I couldn't find it again. Perhaps it was for DVD output, and I only want an exe file in this case.

Is there nowhere in PTE to specify the colour space?

The last was a jpeg, but I still can't see it. Can you access the image?

Ian,

It's a three step process:

Browse to select the file on your computer that you want to attach

"Attach This File" button to upload that file to the forum server

"Add to Post" link (over at far right) - to insert the html code in the post

regards,

Peter

Ian,

I am using an Eizo monitor set to sRGB. On my system, your image (with profile sRGB) is always to be seen in the rather red version: with PTE, with Photoshop, with XnView (color management turned on or off). So the red looking presentation is the correct one in this case. Maybe that your image has been transformed from some other color space (perhaps AdobeRGB) to sRGB in an incorrect way (replacing the profile without changing the color values of the pixels). I wonder why Photoshop (which is a color managed application) on your machine shows it differently.

A remark on PTE: PTE is not color manged; look here and follow the links.

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks for taking the trouble Xaver. I shoot raw in Adobe 98. I have an Eizo monitor also.

I am not sure what I can do now. Perhaps I can play around with a colour chart to see which version looks correct. The portrait is not the best image to use as the elements are so variable and subject to taste. I shall be installing CS6 soon, so I may be back to square one anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

No we did not, I don't make absolutly "calibrate" (my) monitor, because after several "sensor" I think paraphernalia is, literaly, a scam.

The problem is solved when, here case offset printing, you are sure to work with the same service or typography. Only after you have tried and tried, you can "calibrate" the colors. The thing is long and I stop here and I’m not wizard...

Viceversa, in PTE, about color rendering to exe or video, it is prosy. Adobe 98-99-2000... sRGB, hyper ultra et etc ? Make non sense.

Please takes an image, scaling and you create four duplicates at same page resolution (1280x720 etc.) each of these (thumbnails) images you make a saturation step; first image X, second -XX etc. Assigned value that best fits in PTE, will be the "focus" of saturation limit for usage with (all images) in Project that you want.

Of course in addition to Pte, you have the color (problem) of the light and the lamp of projector, and the screen (other problem). Last but not least vision that everyone has of the "color". Saturated or less saturated so. A little Hell for all photograhers, viedomakers, ptemaker…etc.

Da Campos

Sample

post-11663-0-37144500-1349089311_thumb.j