WnSoft Forums

PLAY does not start if no music present?

orizaba

PTE 7.0.7

Timeline: music stops exactly at the end of slide 36.

There is a next slide, 37, where there is no music at all.

"O&A": clicking PLAY when arrow is at zero seconds, nothing moves. Keeping the PLAY button "active" and draging the arrow a few miliseconds forward, everything starts moving, 100% normal.

Is this situation normal? I mean, no music no play (only in O&A)?

In case it is normal, it is most inconvenient, as I can not edit slide 37 (I mean, I can not check the edited work) from the very start point, before I use an "extended" music in the timeline.

Thanks.

Dave,

Set up a project with a few slides and a short piece of music. In Timeline, use Timed Points button to set the end of the last slide to match the end of the music. Now go to Slides view and add another slide at the end of the existing ones. Take that slide into O&A and press Play button. What happens?

On my Windows 7 system - nothing! If I press Stop and then drag the blue arrowhead a few tenths of a second along the O&A timeline and then press Play - the blue arrow head jumps back to the origin keyframe and just sits there.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

This anomoly in 7.07, erratic behavior of the last slide in the sequence has been mentioned recently, if not originating from me, confirmed by me. To get over it I just add a blank slide at the end, until I have made any adjusments, then remove it. Didn't persue it because it seemed all the effort was going into 7.5. Just remembered when it happens, assume a video clip with a following still slide, you wish to blend the video & slide together to give the appearence the video is still moving as the next slide fades in, move the blue flag of the still to the left into the video & it becomes erratic, put a blank or another slide after the slide you are adjusting & the anomoly disappears. W7 Prof 64bit, PTE 7.07.

Yachtsman1.

PTE 7.0.7

Timeline: music stops exactly at the end of slide 36.

There is a next slide, 37, where there is no music at all.

"O&A": clicking PLAY when arrow is at zero seconds, nothing moves. Keeping the PLAY button "active" and draging the arrow a few miliseconds forward, everything starts moving, 100% normal.

Is this situation normal? I mean, no music no play (only in O&A)?

In case it is normal, it is most inconvenient, as I can not edit slide 37 (I mean, I can not check the edited work) from the very start point, before I use an "extended" music in the timeline.

Thanks.

Thanks, I reproduced this problem. Everything is exactly as you said.

It happens when a time position of a slide on the timeline is equal to the duration of soundtrack (to the millisecond).

Same problem with a preview from this last in fullscreen mode.

As temporary solution, please move 37th slide to left or to right on the timeline at least on 1 ms.

We'll try fix it in final version 7.5

Thanks, I reproduced this problem. Everything is exactly as you said.

Same problem with a preview from this last in fullscreen mode.

No, in my case I can make normal fullscreen previews of slide 37 either from O&A or timeline, beeing the cursor/arrow exactly over the start point of slide 37.