WnSoft Forums

New 7.5

Ghulya

Dave,

I cannot reproduce this problem!

I start a new project which will, of course, use my default template (I mention this fact because it has been relevant to other "bug" reports during the beta programme). I drag slide1 into the Slide List. It shows correctly at 4.0s duration and 1.5 seconds transition. I drag video1 into the Slide List to run after Slide1. It shows its correct duration and a default 1.5s transition. I drag video2 into the Slide List. It also shows its correct duration and a 1.5s transition.

I "Preview" the sequence. It plays correctly. Video1 "freezes" on its final frame during the transition to video2 because I do not use "Keep Full Slide Duration" and have not adjusted the slide duration to compensate for that. At the end of video2, control is returned to the main PTE window. All as expected!

Video1 is an AVI file straight out of the Nikon D300s. Video2 is an AVI file from the D300s that has been trimmed using PTE's "Convert video clip" feature.

regards,

Peter

Peter, excuse me, sorry, but error of Pte 7.5 is an error not a fantasy. If make only slides in timeline, and show it, no problem. Video + video + slides is bad "focus". Bug or not.

Developers, please, you make things well done

:angry:

Da Campos

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter,

Interesting! I cannot test until later on this afternoon but last night I was getting the same as Da Campos. the video I was using was a MOV out of camera. I can try again. I have also noted that PTE seems to no longer offer conversion automatically? Later?

DgFrom BB

IMO If PTE offers to convert or not convert a video clip in 7.5, I think that should be retained. The reason being when PTE converts certain video clips, particularly those downloaded from Youtube, they invariably end up a much larger file size than the original. So if that offer is current I would retain it.

Yachtsman1

Hi Peter,

I'm back.

The key to this problem is as I said in last post.

If images and Video are dragged into Slide List - no problem - as you saw.

If Images and Video are dragged into Timeline then the problem that Da Campos highlighted becomes obvious. Nothing is inserted in the correct Duration and the Freeze is observed.

DG

OK! If I build the sequence using only the Timeline View (a thing which is alien to my usual way of working) I, too, get these problems. I agree that this is a serious bug but there is a work-around; if the initial build is done using the Slides View.

regards,

Peter

Da Campos,

Can you confirm that dragging images and video into the Slide List gives you no problems?

DG

Può confermare che il trascinamento delle immagini e dei video nell'elenco delle diapositive vi dà problemi?

DG

Thanks,

yes absolutely I confirm problem

Da Campos

P.S. Italiano perfettamente comprensibile e ben tradotto, complimenti

I have tried to see if I have this problem & I don't. :rolleyes:/>

Dragging video into the Timeline it plays as expected.

I can edit the length of the video, by dragging the slide edge to shorten it & again plays as expected.

I have tried with both avi & mov (both very small low res files as it is all I hav)

I don't see any problems with video freezing. Preview returns to the main PTE window at the end of the second video.

Win 7 64 bit laptop.

Jill

Jill,

Plase try exactly as follows. I have set my Project to Non-KFSD Mode especially for you.

Add a JPEG to the Timeline in the new project. Slide duration should equal whatever you set in Project Options?

Drag a video down into the Timeline after the original Slide - what happens to the Slide 1 duration? The Video Duration should be as per the Video time? Note the total project end time.

Drag another JPEG down into the Timeline after the Video - what happens to the original Video time and the original Project end time?

Many thanks,

DG

Dave,

Everything works as expected. See red replies to your questions below.

The thing you have to be careful of when working in Timeline is that you position the red insert bar exactly at the end of the previous slide (video) Otherwise the new slide (video) will be inserted and could alter the times of the previous image.

Jill

Please try exactly as follows. I have set my Project to Non-KFSD Mode especially for you.

Add a JPEG to the Timeline in the new project. Slide duration should equal whatever you set in Project Options?

Yes 5secs

Drag a video 28secs down into the Timeline after the original Slide - what happens to the Slide 1 duration? Stays at 5secs The Video Duration should be as per the Video time? Yes Note the total project end time. 33secs

Drag another JPEG down into the Timeline after the Video - what happens to the original Video time and the original Project end time? Video stays at 28secs total end time now 38secs

Many thanks,

DG

Good observation!!

I can see that if you use just a drag and drop anywhere in the timeline it is not the same procedure as dragging and dropping anywhere in the slide list.

I will confirm in the morning but see no reason why you are not right.

It is an imprecise way of adding slides or video compared to the slide list (imho). I will continue to use the slide list and kfsd.I hope da campos will understand.

DG

Jill,

Thanks for pointing that out.

The Timeline is a Minefield though and operates to both the rules of the Slide List and its own according to the position at which you DROP.

If multiple Images are dragged and dropped into the timeline then the first Image is dropped at the position of the cursor, as you rightly say. Other images are then dropped according to the value set in Project Options for Slide Duration. If you are dragging into an empty Timeline the first image obviously sticks to the zero point.

Similarly, the first Video in a group dragged into the Timeline will drop at the position of the cursor and all videos will then adhere to their video durations. Care must be taken when dropping an image in after a video in which case a certain amount of precision is required.

I withdraw the "bug" allegation smile.gif/>.

I also think that using the slide list for adding Images and Video is the way to go.

DG

P.S. Dragging and dropping between existing slides in the Timeline is another problem wheras doing the same thing in the Slide list produces the expected results.