WnSoft Forums

What Replaces Missing Actions

keewellman

I do simple but large slideshow presentations. The Views button is missing from the Main Menu bar. I always need to see all my slides at once so always sort using the Fullscreen Slide View. Doing that on the timeline is just not efficient for 200 slides! Good thing I remember the key for that as it is no longer available In the new Settings button. Why was this removed?

Also, I used the right click on the slide and send to top or bottom. That no longer works! Why not?

Am I the only one who ever used these features? What do other people do?

If these features are no longer available on the latest versions this program is no longer of any use to me. Sorting large numbers of slides is hard enough without some of the things I used being taken out of the program.

I do not understand what you mean by "to Top" and "to End". Could please explain in more detail? The reason why anything was removed is a question that will have to be answered by someone from Wnsoft.

Peter

=======================

Peter,

I was not sure what the 'to Top' or 'to End' meant so I looked in Ver. 6.5. See attached. I think this is what the question was about.

I didn't even remember it was in the menu.

Gary

post-1794-0-20582100-1354837067_thumb.jp

Not for me, they don't! At least, not in Fullscreen Slide view where they would be of most use.

Peter

====================

Peter,

Try it again. It works in my 7.5.1, in Full Screen, Slides and Timeline modes, and in the File/Slide Lists views.

Gary

Aaah... It is all about "user expectation", i.e. mine!

I thought that, because Gary's screengrab was showing the "Slide" command drop down menu, that "Move to End" was going to move the selected slide to the end of the sequence. By implication, "Move to Top" was going to move the selected slide to the top (i.e. front) of the sequence. What actually happens is what I would expect to happen in any other Windows application: it repositions the cursor to the beginning or end as appropriate.

It is working for me. I was confused but now am not.

Peter

Aaah... It is all about "user expectation", i.e. mine!

I thought that, because Gary's screengrab was showing the "Slide" command drop down menu, that "Move to End" was going to move the selected slide to the end of the sequence. By implication, "Move to Top" was going to move the selected slide to the top (i.e. front) of the sequence. What actually happens is what I would expect to happen in any other Windows application: it repositions the cursor to the beginning or end as appropriate.

It is working for me. I was confused but now am not.

Peter

=========================

Peter,

It is really funny that you said you expected the slide to actually 'move' to the 'End' or to the 'Top'. I say that because the first time it tried it in 6.5, that is actually what I thought I saw happen. And I thought, nice but when would I use that feature. Then, after you saying it did not work for you, I put it to the test in 7.5.1 and realized that only the cursor moved to the Top or to the End.

Now for the real funny part. I went back to 6.5 and tried it. In 6.5, it does actually move the slide to the End or to theTop!!!!!

But then, in 7.5.1, you don't need the 'ctrl' key. Just using 'Home' or 'End' will move the cursor (but not the slide).

Go figure....smile.gif/>

Gary