WnSoft Forums

Brookings Oregon

tom95521

Hi Tom,

We have to acknowledge that a lot of work was put into slices by some very capable workers long before the advent of Custom Transitions.

Your link to SliceBox inspired me to try to obtain the SliceBox effect with Custom Transitions and to a degree it is possible. However, I am now of the opinion that to FULLY implement the effect would required some basic changes in the way Custom Transitions work. They would need to be IMAGE based and not SLIDE based.

I have got as close as I think it is possible to get to that effect by doing the slicing outside of PTE and building a transitional slide (my last PM). One of the problems is that to get the total effect of SliceBox the images being sliced need to be smaller than project size and this creates the Slide versus Image anomaly.

The other problem which Igor suggested that we work on is the Masks versus Canvas approach. The two methods produce very different results and it appears to me that the canvas method would need to produce something like a PNG file to avoid exaggerated perspective problems.

Regarding "Brookings" above - the text element works fine in the Horizontal Slices but not so well in the Vertical Slices??

DG

Thanks Tom,

As I said above, I do not think it is possible to make a downloadable Custom Transition of this effect using the current utility.

To replicate the Slicebox effect the image needs to be less than full frame and the Custom Transition Utility needs to work on the whole slide rather than the image.

An external editor is therefore required to make the png files that have been used here. I have tried both masks and, at Igor's suggestion, the Canvas method. Neither works satisfactorily.

DG