WnSoft Forums

Problem when manually advancing a paused playback [SOLVED]

PGA

Using v7.5.4:

I start Preview of the sequence that I am working on. It is a normal sequence (i.e. advances automatically in accordance with the slide durations that I have set). I let it play a couple of slides into the sequence and then I use the spacebar to pause the preview on slide #3. I have the mouse buttons set up as follows: Left=Next and Right=Previous. I click the Left mouse button and am shown slide #4. I click the Left button again and am shown slide #5. I now click the Right button and am shown slide #4. So far everything is behaving as expected. I now click on the Left button again - and nothing happens! I click the Left button once more - and am shown slide #6. This pattern, of not showing the Next slide after using Previous, then continues until I escape from the Preview. The same behaviour is seen if I use the left and right arrow buttons instead of the mouse buttons to control the advance when the show is paused.

Does anyone else see this or is it just my set up?

regards,

PGA

Guest Yachtsman1

Using v7.5.4:

I start Preview of the sequence that I am working on. It is a normal sequence (i.e. advances automatically in accordance with the slide durations that I have set). I let it play a couple of slides into the sequence and then I use the spacebar to pause the preview on slide #3. I have the mouse buttons set up as follows: Left=Next and Right=Previous. I click the Left mouse button and am shown slide #4. I click the Left button again and am shown slide #5. I now click the Right button and am shown slide #4. So far everything is behaving as expected. I now click on the Left button again - and nothing happens! I click the Left button once more - and am shown slide #6. This pattern, of not showing the Next slide after using Previous, then continues until I escape from the Preview. The same behaviour is seen if I use the left and right arrow buttons instead of the mouse buttons to control the advance when the show is paused.

Does anyone else see this or is it just my set up?

regards,

PGA

Peter

It may help if you showed what your set up is in Project Options, (what is ticked). I know you are using 7.5 & I'm using 7.07, so there will be differences I'm sure?

We've also disagreed before that it isn't logical to click the L/H mouse button to go forward to the next slide IMO, L/H button should go to the previous slide & visa versa. However I don't use the mouse for a manual show just the space bar & arrow keys which have symbols to dictate the direction of travel, also the mouse control dictates R/H button as default for next slide in 7.07, IMO you are flying in the face of adversity. ;)/>/> Screen shot is my set up for a manual show in 7.07.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-95464900-1359984882_thumb.jp

I have always constructed my shows with the mouse buttons set as you described Left = Next, Right = Previous. I have not made a new show since downloading 7.5.4 so these comments apply to 7.07 and previous versions.

When the show is manual the mouse buttons work as expected. When the show is automatic and the mouse buttons are used before the slide duration has expired the mouse buttons work as expected, but, if the show is paused with the space bar then the behaviour is as you described.

This seems to confirm DG's recollection that it is an old bug.

Neil

I seem to remember this having been reported before?

Me too! I think it was during the 7.5 beta programme - and I've a funny kind of feeling that it was me (via my ex-moderator username) who reported it; but my memory might be at fault on that.

PGA

Guest Yachtsman1

But mine isn't a manual show. This problem is occuring after pausing a Preview of an automatic show.

PGA

Sorry Peter

When I read your initial post I thought 7.5 must have introduced a manual feature to an auto show, which could be a great new feature.

However, just checked one of my auto shows in 7.07, set up the mouse as you use it & it operates perfectly, pause bar pauses, mouse clicks advance or retreat slides as programmed in PO control.

Screen shot shows the auto show set up with the mouse programmed as you use it, can only surmise it's a 7.5 hitch.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-21366800-1359997143_thumb.jp

Peter,

But mine isn't a manual show. This problem is occuring after pausing a Preview of an automatic show

You mention only Preview mode. Is the same behavior exhibited in a Compiled slideshow also ?

* If you Preview while displaying the navigation bar ... does the navigation bar properly indicate your mouse/keyboard actions ?

nobeefstu,

I am not ready to Publish yet but I would expect the same result since the Preview actually starts by doing a Publish to a temporary EXE file. I never use a navigation bar; they are an unnecessary and distracting visual intrusion.

regards,

PGA