WnSoft Forums

invalid floating point operation

wilburke

Dave,

Thanks for the screenshot. Still, I can't recreate this problem. Can you send me source files of this project? Upload the zip archive on mediafire or send me on email.

You said the problem happens on your laptop only. Can you tell me your laptop's system configuration (videocard, screen resolution, processor, RAM, etc)?

Artem

Dave,

You mean, you have tried hundreds of videos with different codecs, sizes, aspects, FPS, file types, and all have the same problem?

All right then.

Maybe, the problem is dependent on specific project option, or border parameter, or something else in your project source file.

It would be easier for me to recreate the problem if I have your project, on which, as I already know, the problem is recreatable.

Then I can do all the testing - try different combinations of options and parameters, and determine which of them is causing the trouble.

So, could you please send me source files of your project?

Artem

I sent a mail to you with the zip.

I tried it on another PC (Windows 7 professional) and there everything works fine.

wilburke, Dave

I cannot reproduce this problem.

Could you provide more information? Screenshots of an exception and source files of a project would be helpful.

Artem

Dave,

wilburke,

Please try a test version:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27544810/pte/pte_755log.zip

Download and unpack this ZIP archive into a new folder and run PicturesToExe.exe file from /Main folder.

When you reproduce the problem with float point operation, please close the program and send me PicturesToExe.log file from /Main folder.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for looking to my problem. I did some tests with your fix.

My orignal problem (for my project) is solved in this version!

Unfortunately I did a second test which still has the same 'invalid floating point operation'.

What I did:

- create a new project.

- make one slide by clicking on the example video from Windows 7 (wildlife).

- go to O&A and add a border.

- save the project

- click on the 'play' button

- multiple windows popping up with the 'invalid floating point operation' message.

I hope this helps to reproduce the problem at your site.

I looked for a logfile but couldn't find any in the main folder.

greetings

Dave,

wilburke,

Please try a test version:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27544810/pte/pte_755log.zip

Download and unpack this ZIP archive into a new folder and run PicturesToExe.exe file from /Main folder.

When you reproduce the problem with float point operation, please close the program and send me PicturesToExe.log file from /Main folder.

Dave,

Thanks for your patience! We're trying to find the solution.

Please can you perform one more check:

1. Add this video clip, add a border in O&A.

2. You see the error message. OK.

3. Close the O&A editor and SAVE the project. Close PicturesToExe.

4. Restart PicturesToExe.

5. Open saved project and open O&A editor. Do you see any error message?

7. Try to resize video clip in the editor (zoom value). Do you see any problem here?

No Igor,

Once the error occurs and I escape without saving it is OK.

If I save before quitting then I am "stuffed";)/> - I have to delete the project in Explorer before I can open PTE again - the error is being saved with the project - does that make any sense?

DG