WnSoft Forums

Aspect Ratio and Fit to Slide/Cover Slide options

Igor

49 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect ratio should be choosen by default?

• 4:3
    • 16:9
    • 3:2
    • Other
  2. 2. What mode should be choosen by default for main image?

• Fit to slide
    • Cover slide

Defaults in most software appear to be set at an average setting, one that meets most peoples needs most ofthe time. A setting that if you do nothing, you will get a result from the software

They are certainly not set for the PTE experts and the faithful. By the time you reach that stage the defaults are irrelavent to you.

Surely it's the new user who are helped by well set defaults.

Barry said - "Surely it's the new user who are helped by well set defaults." and for what it is worth I heartily agree. I think far too often those of us who have been involved with PTE for some time forget the beginner.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working at 4x3 but 16x9 and even 256x135(2k) will be dominant sooner rather than later. As long as it can be set in preferences the default is an arbitrary value to show how up to date the software is.

As for fit or cover slide, almost every slide is cover for me then I can choose the crop in PTE. So cover slide added as a selectable option in either preferences or options would save me hours.

Thanks

Mike

The obvious thought here is that if the vast majority of PTE uses are using fit to slide and your using cover slide. The first question you may ask is have I got this right? Why does everyone else shoose a different option? Now I am sure going East when everone else is heading West is good in some circumstances. In others it's not perhaps

Given the poll data there is no chance of you getting your wish is there?

Aspect ratio is not an issue.

It is already possible to have your prefered AR / Resolution each time you open a new project regardless of what PTE offers you as default.

By setting up a blank show with all of your preferences and AR / Resolution settings you can save a Template and use it as your "Default for new Projects".

The MODE setting is the tricky one. If the Default setting for Mode (not the Mode Setting) were in Preferences then everyone would be happy!!

DG