WnSoft Forums

Creating HQ DVD Discs

snapware

Hi Steve,

All I do is build my sequence to 16:9 1920x1080 and then publish to DVD Video disc taking all the default values as set by PTE. When I then play that DVD back through my TV at a normal viewing distance of, say, 10 feet or more the image quality seems just as stunning as when I watch the EXE at 2-3 feet sat in front of my computer. If you use a DVD re-writeable disc for your testing you will not produce a batch of shiny bird-scarers.

regards

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Guys, I love the quality of the EXE files, but is there a way to burn HQ HD DVD Discs with the program? What's the best way to do that?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, to add to Peter's comments, from your details I assume you have had the programme since 2009, have you renewed your video builder/De Lux version licence?

Yachtsman1.

I like to send in an AV show to a competition and they don't accept EXE files, but do AVI and MP4 files.

I have done as Peter describes in post#2 and made an HD video and put that on a DVD. When I play the DVD back on my computer, in VLC or Windows Media Player it does not play smooth and stutters and skips slides to catch up. After about the first 10 slides it has catched up and plays fine. The same happens when I play the DVD in my DVD player to watch it on the TV. I have made an AVI DVD also but that plays even worse. The MP4 file plays fine in Windows Media Classic. When I play the same MP4 file thru a USB stick, the show plays fine on my computer and TV. Because I have to send a DVD and don't know what player they use on their computer, what is the solution? I know that the individual slides the show is made from are big files, around 2300x1500 and between 800 and 1200Mb. Do I have to make the show again using smaller jpegs, or is there may be a way to set the parameters in PTE for the creation of the MP4 file in such a way that the MP4 file will play without stuttering on any computer?

Steve sorry to got in your thread, but it seems related to my problem.

Regards,

Bert

Bert,

If they (or you) try to play the MPEG4 file from the DVD I am not surprised that it stutters.

If the file is transfered from a DVD to a PC hard disc and played from there chances are it will be OK.

Make a data DVD with the MPEG4 on it and then transfer the MPEG4 back on to the HD. If it plays OK on your PC in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema then it should be OK on most PCs with the same Player.

The resolution of the original JPEGS should not influence the final MPEG4 - if Video Builder makes the MPEG4 and it plays OK on your PC then you will be OK. Just don't try to play it from the DVD.

DG

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply, I don't know if they will put the AV shows on a hard drive or an USB stick, both play the show fine when used. I don't know how other competitions do it. This is a competition for PSA, the American Photographic Association. I know there are not that many AV shows made in America and that PSA has not that many people submitting a show. If they play the shows only from the DVD, and don't have Media Player Classic- Home Cinema, it will not play smooth.

Regards,

Bert