WnSoft Forums

Windows 8 and PTE in vmWare Fusion

I have a friend who is trying to install PTE 7.5.10 into Windows 8 on a vmWare Fusion virtual machine but, the licence key is being rejected. PTE installed OK in a Windows XP virtual machine so I guess the licence key must be OK.

Is this just a problem with Windows 8?

Anyone know the answer please?

Ron West

I have been using Windows 8 for a couple of weeks (normal Windows PC). No problems at all, in particular no problem with the PTE license.

Regards,

Xaver

Hello Xaver,

I am aware that Windows 8 runs OK on a PC but that is not the problem.

Windows 8 also runs OK in a vmWare virtual machine on my MAC but, the problem is that PTE doesn't seem to install

in the Windows 8 virtual machine-it always rejects the licence key.

I guess I must be doing something wrong somewhere?

Ron

Edited by Ron on 13th july 2013

I have now managed to get PTE installed and registered but, when running a slide show, the transitions are very very jerky. Could this be because I have the 64 bit version of Windows 8? Perhaps PTE requires the 32bit version.

Any comments please.

I have been using Windows 8 for a couple of weeks (normal Windows PC). No problems at all, in particular no problem with the PTE license.

Regards,

Xaver

Hello Xaver,

Are you running 32bit or 64bit version of Windows 8 please?

I have now got this sorted (I think) :rolleyes:/>

Windows 8 is installed in a VMware virtual machine and is running fine. I managed to install PTE without any problems in the end and have created a small demo show to confirm that it is all OK. Excellent so far!

I am having a few problems getting my head around Windows 8 but will get there I am sure. So far I am impressed and really don't know why so many people on the internet are complaining (see my post in the 'Equipment and Software' forum)

I have written some short pdf tutorials to help those who want to find their way around the new 'Metro Start Screen' that you can get (free) by emailing a request to me.

Ron.