WnSoft Forums

Text animation

It would be great if the item Color, especially concerning texts, would be present in Animation and not in Common only. It would be very useful to be able to animate the color of a text in the same slide, for me at least. And if others specifics text animation could be available in the future, welcome.

Everything else seems perfect ! Thank you for this great software (and for the indispensable french manual !!!) at an accessible price. It is very precious !

I think that you can use a "workaround" to Animate the colour of text by overlaying different colour versions of the text and use Key Frames or Masks to animate the Opacity of the top version.

The intermediate colours will not be strictly correct but by choosing suitable colours a pleasing effect can be acheived.

DG

Hi Joel,

As David says, it can be done with a work-around. You can also create very interesting text effects by duplicating the same text message in another color then overlaying the two or more with slightly different positions. If you create a "Frame" and then make your different colored text children of this frame, you can easily control two, three or more different colored text messages simultaneously.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Thank you for your response, I think it will work properly into a specific slide. But, I discover that, while copying a text from a slide to another it seems IMPOSSIBLE to obtain the same values in "Size/position in pixels of parent". So when you pass from the first slide to the following, the same text is suddenly changing of place and/or aspect. entering manually the same values in Position and in zoom, doesn't solve the problem. It's a pity that even in Power Point, you can position the text and keep exactly it's same aspect and size, from one slide to another. So what to do ???

Hi Joel,

You'll have to explain that in more detail. If you copy text as an object and paste it to another slide, it keeps all parameters. Now if you are copying "children" of a text object, it will not and can not necessarily keep the same parameters unless it is assigned to another parent of exactly the same dimensions and position because children of a parent inherit pan/zoom/rotate values from the parent.

Powerpoint doesn't have the capabilities of parent/child relationships possible. If your text is not placed as a "child" with a hierarchical relationship, it will copy and paste with exactly the identical performance and parameters. That's the way it has to work.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Thank you for your response, I think it will work properly into a specific slide. But, I discover that, while copying a text from a slide to another it seems IMPOSSIBLE to obtain the same values in "Size/position in pixels of parent". So when you pass from the first slide to the following, the same text is suddenly changing of place and/or aspect. entering manually the same values in Position and in zoom, doesn't solve the problem. It's a pity that even in Power Point, you can position the text and keep exactly it's same aspect and size, from one slide to another. So what to do ???

It could be that your text is a CHILD of another object in the slide that you are copying from and when you paste it you are pasting as an independent (PARENT) object??

If you are happy that you know the difference and this is not the case then forgive my intrusion?

DG