WnSoft Forums

Create an exe File for Mac in VMware Fusion.

Ronniebootwest

I have been creating MAC versions of my slide shows in Windows XP pro for months now, with great success!

I create them by using the 'Create in Zip' option and then copy the resulting zip file over to my MAC desktop. The a simple 'double click' extracts the zip file and the usual pte logo appears. This then runs the slide show with a single click.

BUT, in Windows 8, this does not happen thus the slide show will not run :(/>

If I right click on the PTE logo and select 'Show Package Contents' I get a series of folders that mean nothing to me (see screenshot attached)

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Ronnie West.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am a new member and hopefully have chosen the correct topic. My issue is I am a Mac user and use VMware Fusion to run Windows and PTE v6.5. All has been going well for some years. Yesterday I purchased PTE v8 upgrade and downloaded the setup.exe file that was attached to the email from WnSoft. The file was placed in the Downloads folder on the Mac and whenever I try to open it a message pops up titled The Unarchiver stating it could not extract the file.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I might add my computer knowledge is next to zero.

Hope somebody can help me.

Until someone more authoritative comes along (I am NOT a Mac person):

Try loading the Version 8 PTE in VMware and when asked for a serial number point it toward the Download Folder and the Zip File.

Added: Try to do the extraction from within the Windows environment?

DG

I am a new member and hopefully have chosen the correct topic. My issue is I am a Mac user and use VMware Fusion to run Windows and PTE v6.5. All has been going well for some years. Yesterday I purchased PTE v8 upgrade and downloaded the setup.exe file that was attached to the email from WnSoft. The file was placed in the Downloads folder on the Mac and whenever I try to open it a message pops up titled The Unarchiver stating it could not extract the file.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I might add my computer knowledge is next to zero.

Hope somebody can help me.

Download PTE from inside Windows or copy it from the Mac file system to Windows. The picturestoexe-setup.exe should open.

Tom