WnSoft Forums

Video Bilder Friezes

Bert

Hi,

I have made a PTE file with automatic transformations and converted that to MP4 to play on my TV. This file plays fine.

I made also a PTE file with "wait for key press to show next file" because I need to give commentary by these images. I like to play this one also on my TV, but when I try to make a MP4 of this file, Video builder friezes and can not be shut down. I have to force shut my computer.

I know that I can play the individual Jpeg images on my computer, and advance them with the remote from the TV. But because they are in the right order already in the PTE file, I like to make a MP4 file, and advance the images with my remote control.

My question is, is there a computer conflict to make this MP4, or is it an PTE conflict.

Bert

Hi Bert,

You can't control a video like you control an exe file using the keyboard commands. In order to control a video, you need to use the Video Navigation Bar. A video consists of a playback of stored multiple images while an exe file consists of a command structure which instructs the computer to behave in a certain way. When an image is zoomed, rotated, panned, etc., in an exe file, there is only a single relative image stored inside the exe file. The computer is then instructed in real time to create these intermediate images whether larger, smaller, rotated, panned, etc. But in a video, each of the images must be created first and then stored in the file itself. This is why video files are so much larger than exe files.

So what has to happen with a command to stop or pause a video is to interrupt the playback via the player. This instruction is not contained in the video itself, but rather the result of commands given to the video playing device and that Navigation Bar actually only works while the video is being played back on the computer itself. When your video is played back on a television, etc., and the computer is no longer connected to the external device, the player associated with that device has its own set of commands embedded in the player and having no relationship with your computer.

The bottom line is that you can not use the various command structure designed to control an exe file with video.

Best regards,

Lin

The issue of video builder freezing has been the subject of several discussions in the past, and the problem which you have encountered of video builder freezing may not be directly related to what else you are doing in PTE.

I have experienced the same problem on various occasions with different versions of PTE. It always happens at the "burning started" message, followed by a lockup, after which the only way out seems to be to physically switch off the computer.

I have looked at various options such as changing the burn speed, changing the brand of disk etc etc with no success. It sometimes happens when video is included in the show and sometimes not, so it seems to be quite random and there isn't a common theme. I can produce a number of different DVDs successfully then one day this will happen again. I've given up trying to track down the problem now, but knowing that it has been reported in the past, keep hoping that it will be resolved soon.

I have quite a high spec machine and know that that side of things is not the cause.

Regards

wideangle

Thank you all for your comments.

If I understand it correctly, there is now way to make an MP4 file of my slideshow, where you can forward the images with manual control.

Regards,

Bert

I don't think that we said that?

If you make each slide's duration say 12 seconds, you can pause each slide as required using the Media Player's Pause control at around 6-8 seconds.

Pess Play to continue and Pause again 6-8 seconds into the next slide.

This would be true for any MP4 / AVI etc whatever prog it's made in?

Manual control with a Media Player is using the Play and Pause Buttons. What other method of control would you envisage?

DG

P.S. Media Player Classic (for PC) allows the use of the Space Bar to Play and Pause. Perhaps the Media Player in your TV has the same facility? I cannot try mine right now, my wife has control of the Remote on Saturday Nights at 7PM.smile.gif/>

Hi Dave,

My media player is in my DVD player. It has an USB port and I have played MP4 slideshows with that. But they where all automatic. I can play an automatic MP4 show with the play and pause button of the remote control. I tried to make this MP4 from a PTE file that has all the slide durations set at 10 sec. I had also ticket the box, "wait for key press to show next file". When I tried to make the MP4, the video builder freezes, and I have to force shut down the computer. I tried the same file with the box "wait for key press to show next file" un-ticket, but the video player froze again. When I go in the task manager, every time there are 2 media players shown, and both say "Video Builder not running". I have made many MP4 files from PTE shows, (never from a manual show) and had never any freezing before. There is no zooming or panning in this show, only a few different dissolves and two music pieces with the sound at zero procent. I am going to take the music out at my next try, as it is not necessary.

Regards,

Bert

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Bert

Not sure if your version of PTE is the same as mine, however when you construct your show, do you tick the "show navigation bar" box? See screen shot.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-64855000-1381007502_thumb.jp