WnSoft Forums

Aspect Ratio is greyed-out....why?

goddi

Greetings,

I just created a show in 7.5.10. I noticed that when I went into the Project Options/Aspect Ratio, I see that the Aspect Ratio is greyed-out. I have never seen this happen in the past and I am wondering how this could happen. Any ideas? See attached.

Gary

post-1794-0-01580200-1387581647_thumb.jp

I think a clue might be that the aspect ratio reveals "Custom" which is not a choice. What did you put in the show in the way of files? Was the first slide a custom video by any chance?

Best regards,

Lin

==========================

Lin,

The show is an introductory blank slide and the next slide has an inserted video about a minute long, and ends with a blank slide. I have made this similar show many times but never had this grey-out 'custom' thing show up. I just resized the inserted video within the blank slide. Here is the video info attached.

Gary

post-1794-0-70553700-1387586349_thumb.jp

Hi Gary,

Try removing the video and replacing it with a still image, change the aspect ratio then without removing the new image, insert the video and save the file. Re-open the file and delete the jpg and see what happens.

Best regards,

Lin

Gary,

Check the settings in Screen tab. I think that you choosed "Windowed mode" instead of "Fullscreen". In the windowed mode the aspect ratio can be choosed, because you set exact size of a window.

By default, PicturesToExe creates new a project with "Fullscreen" mode. Probably you modified the default template for new project and saved it.

Gary,

Check the settings in Screen tab. I think that you choosed "Windowed mode" instead of "Fullscreen". In the windowed mode the aspect ratio can be choosed, because you set exact size of a window.

By default, PicturesToExe creates new a project with "Fullscreen" mode. Probably you modified the default template for new project and saved it.

=====================

Igor and all,

Yes, that was it. I had inadvertently had the 'Windowed Mode' selected, since I had used a previous show that apparently had the 'Windowed Mode' selected, I just inserted a different video. I switched back to 'Full Screen' and it un-greyed-out the '(Custom'. But, the '(Custom' choice was stll there in the drop-down menu. And it is missing the last closed parenthesis. So there must be something else going on. I tried to make the same mistake/correction a previous show that I had selected 'Windowed Mode' but I can not get the '(Custom' selection to show.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

ADDED LATER: Ok, I see why I still get the 'Custom' setting. I had an non-standard aspect ratio set. But the fact of seeing the '(Custom' made me think there was a problem. Perhaps Igor should remove the first '(' (parentheses), so it does not look like an error.

Gary