WnSoft Forums

Iceland

jevans

Here is a show I have just completed arising from a fantastic cruise around the coast of Iceland. I used version 8.1 which is a huge improvement over previous versions, particularly if you are adding commentary.

The show is on Breechbrook at :

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

Nicely done Jeff.

As Ken says nice transitions between images and smooth entrance and exit to video component. Videos were handled nicely and were just the right mix.

The music worked well too. I've used some of the music for my shows - it was VERY familiar :) :) :)

What ship were you on when your circumnavigated Iceland ?

Thanks for your kind comments folks. we really enjoyed the trip and Iceland is a fantastic place for photography. It took a long time to make the show but I am very very impressed with Version 8.1, a huge improvement over the previous versions.

Jim ; The ship we were on was the Discovery.

Regards Jeff

Jeff,

A masterful job. Your narration was "spot on" and the maps were quite useful in following the journey. Loved the integration of the waterfall videos. No matter how great a still shot of a waterfall is, a video really provides the experience of being there. The only tiny criticism I have is that a couple of water shots might need a tiny bit of straightening the horizon. This is definitely a show to add to my "KEEP" collection! Thanks for sharing.

Jeff,

A masterful job. Your narration was "spot on" and the maps were quite useful in following the journey. Loved the integration of the waterfall videos. No matter how great a still shot of a waterfall is, a video really provides the experience of being there. The only tiny criticism I have is that a couple of water shots might need a tiny bit of straightening the horizon. This is definitely a show to add to my "KEEP" collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your kind comments. Regarding the wonky horizons, I must be slipping as I tend to spend quite a long time editing individual images before starting on the actual PTE show. I have also been told off for the overall large exe file size and will ensure this is smaller in the future.

regards

Jeff

JEFF

word on the street

" bigger is better"B)/>

I was so mesmerized with your show I never even noticed --- you could have said the ship was on a roll 0r the earth was on a roll at the time :rolleyes:/>

many years ago a member posted a show that had the horizons off a tad -- the nit pickers crucified him -- he never came back.

to refresh the old timers memory he also posted a show that contained pebbles under water -- was quite unique

ken

ken

In my opinion, the horizons are not a big issue; in some places it might just be the perspective.

Most shows are (to some extent) away from being perfect, and this holds for the present show, as well. But as we see, it is not regarded as convenient to enter any critical comment. Most people learn best from their mistakes, and (IMO) just praise isn't that helpful :rolleyes:

Regards,

jt

I would agree on the size issue. I am on a wireless broadband USB card connected to a booster and also a roof antenna to get a signal. It took me several hours to download the Iceland show but I persevered (and I am glad I did!) because of the positive comments in this thread.

• 2 months later...