WnSoft Forums

Publish DVD

mairijim

Since you have to be there to change the discs it would, perhaps, defeat the purpose.

Probably the best option is to create the ISO (see last page in VideoBuilder) instead of a DVD and burn the ISO in your burning software multiple times - not necessarily in the same session.

Most software will ask if you want to burn another from the same project.

Roxio and Cyber Link do this.

DG

Wiki:

"An ISO image is an archive file of an optical disc, a type of disk image composed of the data contents of every written sector of an optical disc, including the optical disc file system.[1] ISO image files usually have a file extension of .iso. The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but what is known as an ISO image might also contain a UDF (ISO/IEC 13346) file system (commonly used by DVDs and Blu-ray Discs).

ISO images can be created from optical discs by disk imaging software, or from a collection of files by optical disc authoring software, or from a different disk image file by means of conversion. Software distributed on bootable discs is often available for download in ISO image format and, like any other ISO image, may be written on, or "burned" to, a CD or DVD with any capable software".

Guest Yachtsman1

When I want to create multiple copies of a DVD, I create an original "Master" copy in PTE, then use one of the free DVD copying software packages, I have found the difference between an original & subsequent copies is not discernable so long as the master is used to copy from. This method is much quicker than trying to burn multiple copies in PTE.

Yachtsman1.

I do the same as davegee, and create an iso image with Videobuilder.

I recently bought a 1TB portable USB drive, (these seem to have dropped quite a lot in price recently), and I burn all my isos to this now.

The advantage of this approach is that I have a fairly permanent backup, in case the DVD ever gets damaged, and also, I can come back anytime to burn more copies, rather than having to burn them all in one session.

There are a couple of good free disc burning packages which I use, which also have a host of other features.

These are Imgbrn and CDBurner.

Regards

Wide angle