WnSoft Forums

Igor

I notice that when a video is dragged into the slide list and the optimisation of that video is requested, the optimisation window has always opened up behind the PTE main screen on my computer. I have got used to this now, but until you realise what has happened, you would think that the option hasn't worked.

Most of the time when a person does this, they will be waiting for it to finish so they can proceed, so why doesn't the screen open on top where all can see it.?

Guest Yachtsman1

Igor

I notice that when a video is dragged into the slide list and the optimisation of that video is requested, the optimisation window has always opened up behind the PTE main screen on my computer. I have got used to this now, but until you realise what has happened, you would think that the option hasn't worked.

Most of the time when a person does this, they will be waiting for it to finish so they can proceed, so why doesn't the screen open on top where all can see it.?

Doesn't do that on my system, W7 Professional 64bit 1. I usually have it set to never convert, but just tried it in always convert & the conversion wasn't hidden.?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-76320300-1392887843_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

As an addition to that, when conversion is requested the conversion screen places the PTE humming bird icon on the task bar so that when converting, there are 2 on the task bar, which could cause confusion, maybe a dedicated video icon would prevent confusion.? Just to repeat a request from last year, the video conversion/editing function would be much more usable if the clip wasn't converted when only editing.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-22078200-1392888426_thumb.jp

Barry

That's a good observation and worth changing.

In my case the converter doesn't even show up behind the PTE screen - it's actually minimised to the taskbar.

Although it's busy doing the conversion, I have to click on its taskbar icon to bring it up to fullscreen to see what's happening.

Regards

wideangle

Just an observation:

I don't disagree with Barry's suggestion!!

But for those of us who ALWAYS Convert, is it not easier to do the conversion before dragging into the timeline?

That way all of the other little tidying up things like Cropping/Trimming/resizing etc can be done in one operation? You don't then have to worry about the Video Converter Window.

JMHO.

I still agree with Barry's suggestion.

DG.

Dave

Yes, of course your right, but I have just turned my attention to making some tutorials on adding video and one of the first things I find the need to warn people about is something that MAY trip them up. A newcomer not used to adding video will presumably drag it down as they would a picture.