WnSoft Forums

quality out put

Clem

Hi everybody, very new to the forum and also the program. I have just done a wedding photography and I thought as part of the deal to present the high lights of it through a proper Video Slide Show. I may be doing something wrong as the out put I have obtained is very poor and I am sure it should be better. I did selected the DVD to be able to play in any DVD Player. Any suggestions please??? Clem Oliver Australia (PAL)

Clem

The DVD resolution is 720*576 pixels, so the software has to reduce the resolution of your show when you select the DVD option. That is likely to be the cause and your not the first to say much the same. If you view what you have made on a PC, it doesn't look so good at all. Playing the DVD via a TV is a little more forgiving and of course you generally view a TV from across a room, not as close as a PC screen.

Try it on a TV first if you have not already done so, but this issue is why many enthusiasts prefer to play back an Mp4 video on their TV which they can make at the same resolution as the original slide show. Then the quality is extremely good.

A high quality DVD player like OPPO digital can upconvert and sharpen the DVD video. Not as good as HD video but it does make a noticeable difference.

Tom

Tom,

Most modern Upscaling DVD Players are a step up from their older counterparts.

I am currently using a Sony BluRay Player and that allows me to use (standard) DVDs and MP4 (etc) Video all in one neat package.

The quality is definitely way ahead of my earlier players.

DG

Clem

No, Mp4 would not be better if your using a projector then the exe file is best. Personally if I am going to show a slide show on a flat screen TV I would still use an exe and use my laptop and a HDMI connection to run it, but your original question is about DVD.

From an image quality point of view I think DVD is dead, but for some it still has a use, but those of us whose interest comes from high quality photography first and foremost, then DVD sucks. Who wants to spend all that money on a 20MP camera, sweat blood creating the images and the slide show and then destroy all the quality with a DVD. This is not a PicturesToExe issue, nothing else will be any better, it's a DVD issue.

If the need is to show your slide show on a TV and quality is important to you, which your first post indicates it is, then an Mp4 is one route to take, but if you have a laptop and don't mind coupling that to the TV then use the exe file